MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Diary of two eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary of two eyes
Okay So i've decided to write about my progress. I think i'm going to make a journal similar to pikachu's.

So it's been a year and half of no glasses and 6-7 months of bates. I originally stopped wearing glasses because I lost them. Eventually I came across bates and decided to take a leap of faith.

My journey so far has been a confusing one however I believe I have made quite big progress. As many of you may know I dont use a snellen chart, I use real life objects and letters and a reference to improvement of vision. Even then prefer not to use anything.

I feel I have made good progress and all that remains is alot of patience could take years and years. After all I have worn glasses for nearly 10 years! So to give bates a fair chance it has 10 years...

---------------------------------------------
Its all bout re-wiring the brain.

Today I put on my glasses and thought this pretty clear. I then turned my head and noticed that everything stayed still, it actually hurt my eyes!!! I was so confused I then took them off as quickly as possible.

I've also started to take driving lessons and at the start of the lesson I am asked to read a licience plate at 20m, usually I read it thats 20/40 vision however the snellen at home I struggle to even read the 20/70 sometimes get annoyed and start to strain in anger, it depresses me and I dont like it.

So usually I can read the board in class now where previously I couldnt at its amazing. Today in my maths lesson I could read the board for the fist 30 minutes, but it was annoying me!? I didnt like having clear vision.. I cant explain but a part of me was fighting it and Its a struggle! For the life of me I cant figure out why this was happening eventually I started to strain and kind of struggled.

However as soon as I stepped outside, boom every licience plate becomes clear, its like im at peace outside, looking into the distance.

The time taken to re-focus after a blink is also decreasing exponentially. Before after a clear flash, it could take 30minutes for the next one, now its a matter of seconds after a blink almost at free will. So i see the licience plate at 30metres, blink see blur, shift abit and in 3-4 seconds its clear, blink.......repeat, sometimes it lasts a few blinks, however its improving its a slow process i guess.

I shift without realising now... however I still always try to concentrate on my central fixation... Naturally if you concentrate on central fixation you have to shift otherwise you cant see what your loooking at!!!!!

Lately I've been revising for my finals (america talk) on a roof of a (rather empty) car park which I run to the top of Tongue So I can look at the scenary and take regular breaks, pedestrians look at me funny tho!

-Sorry for terrible English. I still dont know how to write with proper grammer.....

P.S- As I write this I am sitting a good 30-40 inches from my screen and sometimes its so clear what im writing sometimes not, I really think its a battle every blink I get closer to achieving perfect vision.

Targets- Try not to fear clear vision much, especially when you need it, (reading stuff)
- Start moving your eyes to things you want to see not ( not licence plates all the time Big Grin), usually thats when my vision is the best
Okay Today was amazing, I had pretty much clear vision for most of the day, Im going to say 20/30-20/40.

I dont know what it is but my Eyes feel so relaxed, I've felt this feeling before at its amazing!

This may sound bad but it feels like there is some pressure om my eye eek, buts its as if its massaging my muscles.

What Im doing is I've started to shift alot more, but what I've changed is that after every shift I dont just move, I make sure I analyse exactly what I've just shifted to only then do I move on no matter how long it took to analyse it eventually you get the hang of it and you can shift faster and faster.

I've had some problems with my new found vision, when looking very far into the distance I try small shifts and I completley strain and lose it.

This constant pressury feel.. should I be scared? It does feel good...

P.S- Reading stuff slowly is actually helping my vision the most!!!!!! I thought back to when my brother and I would look for something on the computer forums, for example a solution to some problem in a game. He would take his pleasant time reading everything, he couldnt scroll down the page like a mad man and just stop when he saw something relavent. Im taking things very slowly read a piece of the letter at a time, Im really slow right now hopefully I can read like this faster.

Thank you
I appreciate the reference to my journal Smile, but in fairness, I stole the idea from the many other people who were and are keeping journals themselves (i.e. Nancy, sorrisiblue, etc.). Big Grin

Regarding the pressure, I don't know what it is either (you're the best judge here), but I think you need to trust yourself here. If it doesn't feel quite like strain, see if you can explore it a little and play with it. After some experimentation, if you decide that it isn't strain, trust yourself and don't worry about that feeling. In fact, you might want to try to see if you can replicate the situation again. This is the case if you are unsure too. You'll never know if that feeling is good or bad unless you keep with it and find out for yourself. This is where it helps not to fear bad vision (which is difficult).

In general, it is best to work at a distance where your eyes see best. It also helps not to overextend yourself. If your vision is best at a couple of feet, or even a few inches, you might want to spend most of your practice time at that distance (this might be why reading slowly has helped you so much). Trying to work at too long a distance is usually a formula for more strain. As for small shifts, I would advise that you work with a manageable shift. Again, experience is your guide. If it feels like strain, it probably is. And don't be afraid to do something that seems "easy". You'll probably get a lot more out of doing something you can do easily (no effort) than trying to do something that is challenging (using effort).

Nice find with the slow reading! I need to work on that myself. This would be an example of something that seems easy yet is difficult in practice because of the impulse to read faster. It seems like you have been rather successful on this front, so keep it up!
Central Fixation.

So today me an and my friend were walking back home from a meal.

When we got to our cut off point.

He looked up and said 'dayyum thats a big tree. I said 'woaah yeh it is...'

Then I said 'look at that tree where did that come from?' , he goes 'woaaah its nearly covering street lamp'.

I then said, look at that house on top of that shop he goes 'Theres a buiding on top of that shop?'

'How the hell did I not notice those trees man'?

So there we stood the next 5 minutes looking at trees.

People must of thought we were under the influence of drugs.
Sometimes I end up marveling at the colors I see too. Looking with curiosity or interest is a great thing to do, even if it seems odd at times. Sometimes there are things that you just didn't notice.

For instance, I run and cycle the same courses and am always finding something new each time, even though it's always been there. There's this one depression in the road (as an example) that I've flown over several times bouncing in the seat, and always forgot about it being there until I felt it. Today I was going even faster than normal on that stretch (21+ mph) but because I was looking for it, I saw it before I went over it for the first time! Smile

Maybe eventually everything will be awesome to look at again just like that tree!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now