MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Another example

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another example
A coworker of mine, who has worn glasses/contacts since she was a child, (now in early forties) was having severe irritation from her contacts. Her eye doctor told her she was getting some abrasions from the contacts, wearing them too much for close work, and told her she couldn't wear them for a few months to let her eyes heal. She hated wearing her glasses at work. She's -7.5 in both eyes. She's on the computer all day at work, doing a lot of data input, and navigating through tons of windows and small tabs. I've had some conversations with her about vision improvement, but she is very closed off to it, so I've just dropped little suggestions and tips to her when she was more receptive. Something must have stuck w/ her, as she started to stop wearing her glasses at the computer. At first, she said she could only see from about 8 inches. My job has changed, and I haven't been around much lately. But when I saw her yesterday, she said she feels so much more comfortable now, and was proud to say she could read the computer way out here (she was about arms length!). It wasn't perfect, she said, but she also went on to say that she's not wearing much around the home anymore, and takes them off when out with friends (like at the bar, or table). She said "I can see you perfectly from here." (we were about arms-length away). I don't know how perfectly it really was, but that didn't matter, she was very happy about it. She even said that when she wears her glasses now to drive, they feel odd, almost uncomfortable and distorting... she said 'my eyes are definitely changing.' I told her how great that all was, didn't push it, just suggested that she remember to keep shifting her eyes, avoid locking onto anything, and notice the contours of things.

As little as she has done, she has made noticeable progress. She was VERY timid about going without glasses at first, but seems surprisingly happy when she doesn't have to wear them. She doesn't think too much about it, doesn't even know who Bates is. I won't be working around her much anymore, but am very interested in seeing how she gets along.
Wow, that's great! I used to be wary of moving about without my glasses too. Now I move about comfortably within my house and even take occasional morning walks in my neighbourhood without my glasses. Though I can recognize faces at a distance more thn 2 arm's lengths away, I have gained much more confidence by dropping my glasses for at least 80% of the day.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now