MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Progress with 8-year old girl after 2 weeks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress with 8-year old girl after 2 weeks
I'm pretty excited this morning about my 8-year old daughter.  We have been practising palming, sunning, full body swinging, and reading a Snellen chart for about two weeks now, and I've been encouraging good habits like not staring and blinking more often.  We've also introduced a meditation for kids CD which she loves - the visualizations are fantastic. 

She had been recommended glasses about three weeks ago of left -1.75 and right -1.00 with 0.5 astigmatism in each eye.  Last night she thought something was wrong when reading the Snellen chart with her left eye because she would get glimpses of the bottom lines becoming clear. 

I had never suggested how her eyes would improve (ie. clear flashes), and so she thought this was bad.  And this morning, she could read the same line on the Snellen chart with each eye separately, which I hope indicates that they are close to the same acuity now. 

Before I get too excited, is there anything else that could explain her improvement, except that this stuff really works?!  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something dealing with a kid. 
Subject:  Just a suggestion.

So we can "follow" her progress, why not
post her Snellen?

You will find a "computer" IVAC Snellen
on my site:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.myopiafree.com">http://www.myopiafree.com</a><!-- w -->

You daughter might enjoy the challenge of it.

Kids do love computers.  They love to
"figure it out" also.

Best,

Otis
Of course it really works. Kids who have never worn glasses also improve very easily.

If the clearer vision doesn't seem quite right to her, that is if it isn't just the fact that she can see better than she's "supposed" to, I'd suggest to her that her eyes just need to get used to seeing clearly.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now