MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Am I doing the long swing correctly ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I doing the long swing correctly ?
Hi,

It's amazing how much difficulty a seemingly simple 'long swing' is bringing me, because I am not sure that I am doing it right.

When I swing, I feel my eyes making 'shocking' movements. The swing is not fluent as when noticing the background movement with a finger helper (looking at my finger and then noticing the background go round while swinging). So once I take my finger away and put my attention outward (my teacher told me not to keep my eyes locked and attention not to be inward, because that would be spacing out) my eyes grab certain areas of the visual field and it's all a happening with little shocky movements...

Am I doing this wrong ?

Lex
No right or wrong, just where you are now. Slow it down if you have to (it's not a race) -- I had to do it very slowly at first because I kept losing my balance. Ideally your gaze will flow easily over the scenery passing by, and not jump or grab at it. Keep it up, as you are learning important things about your habits.
Thanks Nancy ,

So ideally the glance should be fluid, while at the same time not 'spacing out' ? With that I mean that the attention is aimed outwards inside of inward ?

Lex
Fluid (rather than jerky), yes. Attention outward in a noticing way, but not grabbing onto anything or trying to stop its movement, like looking easily out a car side window when someone else is driving. Let the world flow by. Bates said "The world moves. Let it move."

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now