MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Am I having semi-clear flashes ? Or is it the blinking ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I having semi-clear flashes ? Or is it the blinking ?
Hi,

So I have been diving into different kinds of letter card exercises and am experiencing something which I am not sure about. It seems that when I shift between letters that are blurred (even unrecognizable) at times they seem to become more clear. I am merely trying to practice central fixation here. Even on blurred objects.

Fact is that it happens only after a blink. After that it is gone. I take it that it is the moist that the blink leaves on the eyes which makes a difference in refraction of the eye ? On the other side, it doesn't happen all the time, but only on occasion.

Anyone experiencing this and mistaking it for (semi) clear flashes ?

Lex
Lex, to me if something clears up, it counts as a clear flash, however brief or long-lasting it is. I don't think someone with normal sight would dismiss a clear image with "Oh, I guess I didn't see that after all, must have been extra moisture in my eye"! Many people have reported losing a clear flash after a blink, and it just means you are introducing some strain you're not aware of yet. Keep practicing, and celebrate the fact that your vision is improving -- you can see it happening.
I've always had the same thing happen to me. When I blink, my vision gets clearer sometimes and I think it is the extra moisture on the eye, because I can do it on purpose. I remember as a kid when I wasn't able to see something, I would blink hard so that my vision would improve for a brief moment (that is, until next blink)
I wanted to believe it may not be that, but the truth is : jts pretty clear that all my clear flashes were due to moisture refracting the light closer to the retina..
I would think the same. I haven't yet had a clear flash, but after my blinking exercises, things would look a lot clearer... that is, until I blinked again. Blinking redistributes the tears across your eyes and the extra refraction would give you clearer vision. Blink again, and it's gone. This is not to undermine the importance of blinking itself. Blinking is very important and as myopes we tend to forget to blink. By blinking more frequently I've been able to get rid of my dry eyes almost 90%.
I agree. If clear flashes do not last for thirty seconds or more, they are due to moisture from the tears.
I used to get occasional clear flashes a couple of years ago. That was when I put more time into doing vision activities. I read explanations that it may just due to moisture in my eyes...and kind of dismissed it. But it's been a couple of years and I don't get clear flashes since. If it was moisture, I haven't been able to reproduce it in the past two years. I tend to believe they were real. My eyes felt different, like my eyelids don't fit the same over my eyes, or the muscles were tugging slightly. But clear flashes were temporary so I don't miss them. It's similar to just stretching the outer edge of my eyes to get temporary 20/20 vision. The flashes gave me hope though of what is ahead. The real thing is to form the habit of seeing clearly all the time.
I have got a drop in my eyes in the past while in the bath and it has an effect: it distorts the vision and brings out some of the detail more darkly, and I suppose a bit more clearly in a distorted kind of way. My clear flashes, especially at the start, were accompanied by a lot of tears and also stinging on the surface of the eyes, but it's a completely different thing to getting water in your eyes and unmistakable. Clear your mind, relax, forget about what you have to do for a few minutes, consciously relax whatever you can relax in and around your eyes, your face. Surrender any obvious control of the eyes. My first clear flash I just sat in front of a chart and as it were abandoned myself while telling myself I know I can see. 35 minutes later it was like waking from a dream as the whole chart was crystal clear. But my eyes felt sore (not the dull aching of strain but a surface soreness) and I wondered if this was a clear flash at all. Resting your eyes on some detail and imagine something else in detail is a reliable way for me. Of course it's not natural, but it reminds you what clear vision feels like - in any case the mind rebels against this, it doesn't like this any more than achieving clarity via searching for detail. If you accept that myopia is an attention deficit disorder, as David describes, then it all makes a lot more sense.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now