MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
5 minutes of plus lenses and this happens ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 minutes of plus lenses and this happens ...
Ok, I have read that plus lens therapy can be unhealthy. So I was not intending to do it really. And I am not going to (I think). But listen to this :

I went to my parents house today and saw some reading glasses on the table. So I took them and put them on for around 3-4 minutes. It felt strange while I read a short text out of a magazine from a distance which it was just a little bit blurry.

After that, I took the glasses of (I don't even know what number they are) and decided to take a walk in the nearby shopping street. While walking I could feel some 'pressure' in my eyes but wasn't the regular pain that I have been having the last weeks. This felt like some kind of 'opposite' pressure.

So now I am sitting behind my laptop and I can actually read the little clock that is on the fridge in the kitchen. I could never do that before, especially not at night time. But now I can, although sometimes more easily. Also, I can still feel some weird sensation in my eyes now. It doesn't feel bad, but a little bit like the eyes feel more 'alive', as if they have more of a 'will' of their own now. All this is after putting the plus lenses on for less than 5 minutes and this was around 7 hours ago. Besides that, the pain that I was having in my right eye for the last weeks is gone ... How is this possible ?

I'm not really intending to do plus lens therapy, but I put the glasses on because I thought : 'what the hell, I'm just going to put them for a few minutes and see what happens...' Now I think that I might have 'shocked' the eyes. The same as you can do with other muscles in the body (body builders do this all the time by changing the routines they do).

So here I am now, without the pain in my right eye and with a feeling that my left eye is more active. What am I supposed to think now ?

b.t.w. I am not saying that plus lenses are the way to go at all, but this is what happened to me today and it's very weird ...

Lex
Plus lenses cause cataract, detached retina, astigmatism and many other eye problems. I will always post to warn people not to use the Plus Lens method. A major plus lens sales person, author 'Otis Brown' has had 1-2 cataract operations, lasik on his cornea and an eyeglass prescription in the cataract replacement lens in his eyes. All due to using the plus lens method. Other people have been injured by the method. It's 'using reading glasses' and in an incorrect way. Notice how senior citizens and other people of all ages develop dependance on glasses, cataract... after using reading glasses. All glasses are harmful. Goofing around with plus and minus lenses causes damage. See my other post. It needs condensing... but this is it for now;

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2467&p=17005&hilit=plus+lenses+clark+night">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2467&p=17005&hilit=plus+lenses+clark+night</a><!-- l -->

Otis was banned from this and other forums, groups for trying to get everyone to use the plus lens. Don't do it Lex; it might seem ok at first, but you will regret it. Before you realize it, your addicted to the plus lenses and health problems occur in the eyes. Soon vision is impaired at all distances; close and far. It totally messes up the function of all the eye muscles and the brain with the eyes.

This is a Bates Method Forum; where people can come to find safe, healthy information. Not things that will cause harm.
Lex, I like your theory of "shocking the visual system" out of its current paradigm, having spent a lot of time in gyms and knowing well the theory and practice of doing a brand new exercise to wake up the body too used to a routine. I'd be reluctant to rely on this as The Answer, though -- I've seen too many folks in gyms addicted to stronger and heavier workouts who wound up injuring themselves, or so inflexible they could hardly move without struggle, even though their muscles were huge. Plus I don't like lenses, plus or minus or cylinder, and my eyes resist them. I think they should be used only when necessary to be safe, or possibly briefly in a therapeutic way under an eye doctor's guidance which I am still not wholly convinced of the benefit of -- I don't want to learn to see well through any glasses, I want to learn how to see well without them!

The few times I've tried plus lenses myself I thought the increased blur was intolerable, and didn't seem to see much change when I took them off, although that was several years ago when my vision was worse than it is now. In any case, to follow the metaphor of shocking the visual system, that only seems necessary if it's really asleep, and then only a few times. After that it seems to me that nurturing support and practices to gradually increase strength and flexibility and endurance makes more sense. Just my thoughts -- good topic for discussion.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download