MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how to look at stuff with David's method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to look at stuff with David's method
If I look at the eye at the top of this page, i noticed that eye catches the area marked with black circle.
Is the correct method to concentrate on the area marked with red circle:

[Image: howtolook.png]
I'm not sure what you're asking. You could glance around the black dot to see if there is anything else within it or to get a better feel for the color.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David Wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. You could glance around the black dot to see if there is anything else within it or to get a better feel for the color.

what i was trying to say that when I look at something I see bigger object as a hole, and i was wondering if the correct solution to this would be to try to register as little detail inside that object instead.
blwegrzyn Wrote:
David Wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking. You could glance around the black dot to see if there is anything else within it or to get a better feel for the color.

what i was trying to say that when I look at something I see bigger object as a hole, and i was wondering if the correct solution to this would be to try to register as little detail inside that object instead.

The only way to really see the details is to look at them. A large area is too much for your brain to fully process in one shot. The structure of the retina also dictates that you can only see one detail at a time best.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
So can I say that that perception of seeing bigger object as a hole is related to me looking incorrectly because of my bad vision?
So, people with no vision problems would always look at tiny spot, and those if vision problems might register more?
thx
blwegrzyn Wrote:So can I say that that perception of seeing bigger object as a hole is related to me looking incorrectly because of my bad vision?
So, people with no vision problems would always look at tiny spot, and those if vision problems might register more?
thx

People with normal vision also see larger objects. But they know the way to do it is to look at details.

You don't see things better "as a whole" than people with normal vision. There is no such thing. Either you're looking at something or you're not looking at anything. If you're not looking at anything, you aren't using your central vision, and your peripheral vision only appears to be as significant because you're suppressing your central vision.
Site Administrator

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now