MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My Dream Last Night

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dream Last Night
It's been roughly 5 weeks since I took off my glasses for good. I palm regularly even if for just a few minutes, I practice shifting and looking at things without straining to make them out. My eyes don't look bulgy anymore and my sister commented that they've actually become smaller! These physical changes give me more assurance that I'm well on my way to getting 20/20 vision.

Anyway, last night I had a dream where there was this elderly gentleman on a sunny and grassy field showing people how to swing. The person he was instructing actually cured her eyes there and then. I was so excited and started hastily making my way down the hill to ask him to teach me too. He was a friendly old guy and he gave me plenty of motivation but before he could 'cure' me....my Mom came in and woke me up!! Aarrgggh. Tongue

What do you think the dream means? May be I'm going to be cured soon? Or maybe I need to practice more swinging?
i would suggest that the dream indicates that vision improvement is very much on your mind. beyond that, it can have whatever meaning you choose to ascribe to it.

i would also add that swinging is not something that you practice. it is something you do. no more. no less.

improved vision is not, i suspect, something you can force because forcing something always entails the strain of being forces. improved vision comes through relaxed acceptance. a person learns through various means what good vision practices/habits are. the things learned are internalized... mulled over, if you will. at some point, those things become an integral part of one's way of thinking. it is at that point that true long-term improvement happens. not before.

forcing vision improvement "exercises," and looking at the Bates method as "exercises," is probably more harmful than not.

your vision will improve when you adopt the practices used by those who have, and have always had, perfect vision. the challenge is figuring that out, because those with perfect vision rarely think about it, they just see. and that is what those of us not possessing perfect vision must do.... just see.

be well,

jim
I agree with everything jiminos said, except that I would say that the swing is neither something you practice nor something you do, but something you NOTICE—constantly (or as least often as you can remember).
Thank you, Sean.

I suppose that what I should have said is, as you state, the swing is something you notice. When I wrote my initial response, I was thinking of the physical motion of swinging one's torso back and forth as opposed to the perceived universal motion of objects in the field of view when swinging the torso back and forth. Thank you for pointing that out.

The universal swing is, indeed, something you notice, not something you practice or do. Everything that is perceived moves relative to all other things perceived. One must allow that motion to happen. When you try to force things to stop moving, you stop seeing clearly.

be well,

Jim
virtualninjaface Wrote:It's been roughly 5 weeks since I took off my glasses for good. I palm regularly even if for just a few minutes, I practice shifting and looking at things without straining to make them out. My eyes don't look bulgy anymore and my sister commented that they've actually become smaller! These physical changes give me more assurance that I'm well on my way to getting 20/20 vision.

Anyway, last night I had a dream where there was this elderly gentleman on a sunny and grassy field showing people how to swing. The person he was instructing actually cured her eyes there and then. I was so excited and started hastily making my way down the hill to ask him to teach me too. He was a friendly old guy and he gave me plenty of motivation but before he could 'cure' me....my Mom came in and woke me up!! Aarrgggh. Tongue

What do you think the dream means? May be I'm going to be cured soon? Or maybe I need to practice more swinging?

Hi,
It tells you
that time is what you need to use
in order to see in an effortless way.

Time is a driveforce.
With time
you look at things, move from point to point,
and that requires the use of time.

Without time you would stare, there would be no pauses and the world would just freeze.

So let the world move, Bates said.

You become what you practice, Bob Dyland said.
So let the practice become effortless.
Thanks very much everyone! Suddenly I'm starting to feel very positive about my eyesight improving, and it's only a matter of time beforeI have perfect 20/20 vision!

My right eye has made a lot of progress - I'm typing almost a foot away from my computer screen, whereas before I'd haveto belike 3 inches near it!

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now