MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming and My Eye Strain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palming and My Eye Strain
EversinceI startedmy NVI journey, I did quite regular palming but only for 5 -10 minutes. It was restful and I did have several clear flashes, especially after sunning.

Recently after I was encouragedby my vision improving, I was motivated to palm for a longer period. I palmed for 2hours and it was after about 1.5 hours that I 'really' felt the true impact of palming. I actually started to feel how tight and clenched my eye muscles were. I just couldn't believe that I'd kept them this way for more than 10 years! I felt very bad that my mind was under such strain for a decade and I was determined more than ever to release it. If there's one thing I want to do for myself, it's to get back my perfect vision!

However, no matter how much I tried to relax my eye muscles, it just wasn't working. I thought about pleasant things, chanted my affirmations, imagined black etc etc but my eye muscles just weren't letting go of the strain! This is why I had to stop the palming session at 2 hours, otherwise I was ready to go on for another hour or so, because palming 'relaxes' me like no other.

I haven't palmed for 2 days since that incidence. I really want to know how I can just let go of this strain. How?? I really want to palm again (tonight) but this time I want to have a clear direction on how to let go of this strain?

I'm sorry if my question is not very clear. How do you guys relax your eye muscles. And what are some tips you can offer?

Thank you so much everyone, this forum has helped me a lot, it keeps me going and whenever I stumble across a block, I know I can always turn to the wise, knowledgeable and friendly people on here! Keep it going guys.
This is another one of those things that's different for different people. For me I imagine my eyes softening and becoming more liquid, maybe settling back in the sockets instead of that myopic straining forward, the tension melting and draining away. Yes, sometime my eyes tear, and I see this as washing the strain away! Sometimes colorful pictures float through my mind, sometimes I just see almost black.
I think that it might be a good idea to accept the strain first. Maybe even put your attention on how the strain feels and see how many strains you can feel throughout your body. I find that when I try to make a strain go away directly, it usually persists even longer because a second strain is produced that stacks on top of the initial strain.

The other point I want to make is that you should not treat relaxation as something that requires an action. It's easier said than done, but in general, I find that I am most relaxed when I think about things I find pleasant and - here's the key - WITHOUT thinking about how or whether it is actually working. I'm not sure if it is the case with you, but I have discovered the sadly ironic fact that asking yourself if you are relaxed is a strain in itself.

Keep at it. Smile
I think Pikachu is right.
The more you desperately want to achieve a certain goal, the more it will be a source of strain - the same for clear vision as for relaxation.

In my opinion the only way to avoid this is to accept the fact, that there is still a long way to go and that you can reach your goal only step by step in a gradual approach.

By accepting the 'provisionalness' of every step the pressure and strain will be reduced and you be able to 'make the best' of your momentary achievements and procceed further without being frustrated by looking at what have not fully attained yet.

And it is already a very good first step to become aware of the strain and muscle tension .
By paying attention to what increases or relieves it, you will gradually be able to deal with it and the 'insights' you get by doing so will be very profitable on your further way.
Nancy Wrote:This is another one of those things that's different for different people. For me I imagine my eyes softening and becoming more liquid, maybe settling back in the sockets instead of that myopic straining forward, the tension melting and draining away.

Cool, this is really helpful. I didn't realise myopes strain forward. Bulgy-eyes, anyone? Wink

Pikachu Wrote:I think that it might be a good idea to accept the strain first. Maybe even put your attention on how the strain feels and see how many strains you can feel throughout your body. I find that when I try to make a strain go away directly, it usually persists even longer because a second strain is produced that stacks on top of the initial strain.

The other point I want to make is that you should not treat relaxation as something that requires an action. It's easier said than done, but in general, I find that I am most relaxed when I think about things I find pleasant and - here's the key - WITHOUT thinking about how or whether it is actually working. I'm not sure if it is the case with you, but I have discovered the sadly ironic fact that asking yourself if you are relaxed is a strain in itself.

Keep at it. Smile

Wow, this is so helpful!!! For me, I like to encourage myself by telling myself how relaxed I am, and it works for me, fortunately! I imagine myself being enveloped by Eternal Unconditional Love and tell myself that I feel completly safe and relaxed. It works wonders in minutes. Thanks for the advice, Pikachu!

Nini Wrote:The more you desperately want to achieve a certain goal, the more it will be a source of strain - the same for clear vision as for relaxation.

Thanks Nini. It's true, I desperately want to get my eyes cured. I really want to do it, and I'm extremely determined to heal my eyes. But at the same time, I don't place strain on myself. What happens, happens. I'm learning to completely let go and stop worrying uselessly. If it takes long for me to get cured, good...If I get cured real fast, all the better. No pressure, yo. Wink

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download