MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Need Palming advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Palming advice
Hi,
I am 23. I have had glasses since age 8 maybe. I have stopped wearing them since the beginning of this year. My no was -2.75 in on eye and -2.50 in the other. I try to do palming.I know that you have to think of a black dot and focus on it and imagining all black. But some people say that you shouldn't strain to focus. When I palm all these everyday thoughts come into my mind and I let them pass. I don't try to stop them. So what should be the right approach? Try to think black or let whatever comes into your mind.

Also I tried looking at the sun a few weeks ago. Its was early sunrise. But when I went back into my house I was seeing this green spot infront of my eyes. I googled and found out that it's not a good thing.So right now my focus is only on palming. And i use computera lot. I am trying to reduce my daily usage of the pc.

Also if you can please give some practical advice abput swining. What is it and how to practically do it?
During palming, don't "try to think black" -- any trying is strain. Just notice what you do see, since a deeper more pervasive black is usually an indication of deeper relaxation.

I'm assuming you're asking about sunning when you say "swining". Close your eyes gently and face the sun, then move your face slowly back and forth so the sunshine plays over your closed eyelids. There's a lot of controversy about open-eye sunning so I wouldn't start with that.
Nancy, I think Ahsen means "swinging" when he wrote "swining". I would give some advice, but I'm not very good at it either. :/
Yes. I meant swinging. Sorry for the typo.

About sunning. I tried looking at sun with open eyes. It didn't workout well. I didn't know that you have to close your eyes and face the sun. I will try that and see what happens.
as mentioned above, sunning is controversial. if you have not done sunning, do a lot of reading first. if i recall correctly, even Dr. Bates recommended sunning in the early morning or at sunset. personally, i have sunned, but only in the very early morning or late afternoon when the sun appears low on the horizon. and, yes, i sun with open eyes. but it was something i worked up to doing. my first forays into sunning were all with closed eyes. i chose to do sunning to help myself get over an aversion to bright light. any bright light would cause me to have fits of sneezing. after sunning, those fits and the aversion are completely gone. interestingly, it seems (for me at least) that the only way i can sun is if my eyes are completely relaxed.

be well,

jim

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now