MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Beginner need help! (the eye machine measurement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner need help! (the eye machine measurement)
hy all, first i want to say thanks to David who started this forum..
this forum giving me a hope to cure my eyes, my family's eyes and my friends.

I've started natural eyes improvement since 2 month ago (early august). On that day i had -2.25D at both my eyes and -2.25D glasses. Now a day, i can feels there's a lot of improvement of my eyes.

Yesterday, i went to an optician to had a measurement of my eyes. I came with full confidence that my myopic measurement will decrease a lot. They were testing my eyes using CANON RK-F1. And when the result came i very shocked that my myopic has increased.

this is the canon rk-f1 print:
[ref] vd: 12.0
<right>
sph -2.75 cyl 0.00 Ax 180
<left>
sph -2.50 cyl 0.00 Ax 180

I'm panic now, i dont know hows the canon rk-f1 works?? does the numbers just appears like magic? but i do feels an improvement of my eyes. The optician suggest me to always wear my glasses but i want to continue my natural eyes improvement and throw my glasses away.

this is my habits that i believe improved my eyesight:
- i didnt uses my glasses anymore since 2 months ago
- jogging in the morning 3 times a week(swinging, sway, sunning, relax)
- i read snellen card every morning and evening (shifting)
- playing tennis, badminton, and equestrian every friday and saturday
- when driving a car, i used a lot of shiting
- 15 minutes palming every evening after work (hard to me to do palming if my eyes not tired)
- drink a fruits juice every morning and night, and now i consume chinese medicine (ming mu di huang wan)

And this is my habits that i believe has made my eyesight worsens:
- working in front of computer for 5.5 hours
- car's air conditioner that make dry eyes
- when watching a movie i use my -0.75D glasses and sometimes trying to read movie's subtitle.

Thats all, i need many seniors advice and suggestion here about my habits. And an explanation about that canon rk-f1 measurement.. i hope in the future i'll post in the "success story forum" and help many people free from their glasses like David does. Smile
I like your good habits. I'd modify your bad habits by taking breaks at the computer, even short ones, to palm or look across the room or out the window, changing your focus. The Dry Eye is probably from not blinking enough (staring), and also maybe also not drinking enough water, so pay attention to these.

Vision varies moment to moment, so if you were nervous about your measurement in the eye doctor's office that alone could have made it temporarily worse, then when you relaxed and were more peaceful you would have seen more clearly. Don't wear you glasses all the time, as that will just make your vision deteriorate. Only wear them when you absolutely need them to see something, like when driving, and even then you can take them off if you're stopped at a traffic light and glance around. Get yourself a snellen chart and practice with it daily so you know how well you see, and can notice strain in your vision and learn to let go of it. Do not be discouraged -- you are on the right track.

I'm not familiar with the machine you mention, but it may be measuring the shape of your eyeball and so determining what prescription you should need. If so, we have seen many cases of eye shape slowly becoming rounder which lag behind improvements in visual acuity. (You see more clearly first, then your eye shape changes to be more healthy and round.) In any case, I wouldn't give it too much weight, as you will know if you're seeing better. I would try to find a behavioral optometrist who will work with you to reduce your prescription and support you in improving your vision.
Thanks a lot for your support Nancy. You’ve encourage me. I will keep doing natural eyes improvement.

Now I’ve modify my bad habits in front of computer by using software that remind me to take a rest and break every few minutes. Because sometimes if we work, we can forget to take a rest and break.

My location is in Indonesia right now and I cant find a behavioral optometrist here. So I just use my old prescription -0.75d only for watching a movie.
The Canon RK-F1 is a highly accurate machine,so your prescription most likely did increase.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.canon-europe.com/Medical/Eye_Care/RK-F1/">http://www.canon-europe.com/Medical/Eye_Care/RK-F1/</a><!-- m -->
@phoniex:

(Chapt. VII, Perfect Sight W/O Glasses)

"During thirty years devoted to the study of refraction, I have found few people who could maintain perfect sight for more than a few minutes at a time, even under the most favorable conditions; and often I have seen the refraction change half a dozen times or more in a second, the variations ranging all the way from twenty diopters of myopia to normal.

Similarly I have found no eyes with continuous or unchanging errors of refraction, all persons with errors of refraction having, at frequent intervals during the day and night, moments of normal vision, when their myopia, hypermetropia, or astigmatism, wholly disappears. The form of the error also changes, myopia even changing into hypermetropia, and one form of astigmatism into another.

Of twenty thousand school children examined in one year, more than half had normal eyes, with sight which was perfect at times; but not one of them had perfect sight in each eye at all times of the day. Their sight might be good in the morning and imperfect in the afternoon, or imperfect in the morning and perfect in the afternoon. Many children could read one Snellen test card: with perfect sight, while unable to see a different one perfectly. Many could also read some letters of the alphabet perfectly, while unable to distinguish other letters of the same size under similar conditions. The degree of this imperfect sight varied within wide limits, from one-third to one-tenth, or less. Its duration was also variable. Under some conditions it might continue for only a few minutes, or less; under others it might prevent the subject from seeing the blackboard for days, weeks, or even longer. Frequently all the pupils in a classroom were affected to this extent."

-----------------------------------------

This is why we are here. It doesn't matter HOW accurate a machine you are strapped to, it's only a snapshot of you at THAT moment, under THOSE conditions. The eye-care professionals are only trained to judge your state of vision based on a very limited set of data. They do not think outside (or, cannot afford) the box very much, in that regard. Too much liability at stake. Other medical conditions are similar. They want to diagnose me w/ high blood pressure, for example, even though my own measurements, taken a couple times a day on my own, well calibrated monitor record consistent normal levels. I go into the doctors office, and it's pre-hypertension levels. White coat syndrome? If I let them do what they wanted, based on their extremely limited set of data, (and they have ignored my own set, shown to them) I'd be another one of the masses supporting the pharmaceutical companies.

As you have probably read, Bates, and many others found the nature of the eye to be very much different than the mainstream mentality. Learning to take your own acuity level measurements, and trusting those measurements is an important part of your natural-vision progress. YOU are the best judge of how well you can see, at all the various times of the day under all the varying conditions.
Nancy Wrote:If so, we have seen many cases of eye shape slowly becoming rounder which lag behind improvements in visual acuity

Nancy, do you have any evidence that a eye may return his shape once had become bigger?

I`m starting Bates now and I have a very high myopia, my last measure was -7 OD -7,75 OE, but was very overprescribed. The fact is I have a long eye ball and recently start get some floaters, wich is not good for a high nearsightedness.

It will be good and very helpfull to us, to know as a matter of fact the eye can chance his shape.
I have anecdotal evidence from myself (measured as elongated enough to need -7.50 the last time I saw the eye doctor several years ago when I was wearing -5.50 most of the time and had started at -10), Sorrisi who bought the instrument to measure the curvature of her own eyeball and monitor it who started at about -8 and now is about 20/40 if I remember correctly, and Peter Grunwald (Eyebody) who used to be -10 and an eye doctor insisted he should need -1 glasses from the remaining curvature but he could see better than 20/20. I believe some of the classic vision improvement authors wrote about this too, but I can't recall a specific case, posdsiby Jacob Liberman or Meir Schneider or Bates himself.
Nancy Wrote:I have anecdotal evidence from myself (measured as elongated enough to need -7.50 the last time I saw the eye doctor several years ago when I was wearing -5.50 most of the time and had started at -10), Sorrisi who bought the instrument to measure the curvature of her own eyeball and monitor it who started at about -8 and now is about 20/40 if I remember correctly, and Peter Grunwald (Eyebody) who used to be -10 and an eye doctor insisted he should need -1 glasses from the remaining curvature but he could see better than 20/20. I believe some of the classic vision improvement authors wrote about this too, but I can't recall a specific case, posdsiby Jacob Liberman or Meir Schneider or Bates himself.

Good to hear that. I believe in Bates system, I read his book and other publications available at iblindness. In about a month just by relaxing the eye, doing ocasionally palmign, using an old prescription and spending some time without glasses I`m now able to use a 6,5 diopters seeing everything sharp, I cannot use my last prescripton anymore, its just too strong.

But I asked you about the eye shape because I never had a clear flash relaxing the eye, I can see things sharper straining and partially closing the eye lids, but relaxing causes low improvements for me. If it was all about straining I would have to experiment clear flashes, thats my though, what do you think?

And thanks for the reply Smile
If the only way you can see clearly is by straining, and pulling on your eyelids,then you have made no improvement yet.
Looking into the machine limits neck, body, eye movement and this can temporarily lower the vision along with tension at the doctors office, pressure to hurry, worrying about the outcome. Also; the machine is more like a computer screen; it is not true depth, distance texture... and the eye is looking at a close object with artificial 3-D, unreal depth, distance... while being tested for the distance. Even if some type of mirror is used, its not true, perfect vision. Even the close vision test is imperfect.

They are measuring the refraction in the eye? If this is what is being done or measuring the eyes shape; of course it will be abnormal when looking into the machine which forces the eyes, brain, visual system to function imperfectly under artificial conditions. The machine may measure a lot or only slightly imperfect eye function but its incorrect and this is enough to sell eyeglasses and then the addiction starts, vision becomes more impaired.

Test at home on your own chart on the wall, no glasses. Shift on the letters, relax, blink. Look at real objects at close and far distances and use the eyes correct with David's directions; you will see clear. That's true vision. When the vision gets so clear that even the eye doctor's machine can't produce a true stronger eyeglass prescription you will be free; Example; your vision tested, improved at home is 20/20 and better to 30/20, (30 feet away), 20/10... but in the doctors machine it will be 20/20 or probably a bit more unclear; 20/25, 20/30. This vision will in most states will be legal for driving without glasses so even if the doctor tries to sell a weak prescription, you won't need it and your true vision at home without the machine, without glasses will be 20/20 to 20/10 and better. It's good that you have not worn the glasses for 2 months. It's bringing improvement. Try to stay without glasses; don't let the doctor prescribe stronger lenses or talk you into wearing glasses. I was going to teach about temporary reduced weaker lenses here for legal driving but it appears you don't need them, you are progressing without glasses and that's perfect.

Be aware that many eye doctors like to prescribe astigmatism in the eyeglass lens. The astigmatism is most often temporary due to the conditions listed here. Astigmatism prescriptions cause fast, increased vision impairment. Then stronger glasses and a sales pitch for harmful lasik is prescribed.

No glasses for tv... Look to the distance often when using the computer. No video games.
Yes dry air in car... affects the eyes tears, cornea vision.

arocarty has good advice from Bates about how the vision naturally fluctuates; leave it alone, practice relaxation, good vision habits, nutrition, posture, avoid glasses and the vision returns to clearest state.

I like that Chinese formula. Learnt it form Thomas Quackenbush in San Francisco. It works but get one that's free of sulfites, chemicals. I get migraines, vision problems from the chemical but not from the pure product.
Bifocal Wrote:If the only way you can see clearly is by straining, and pulling on your eyelids,then you have made no improvement yet.

I had almost 8 diopters, theres no way I can see clearly without glasses, straining makes things sharper a little bit, but not clear.

Yes I have made improvements, I am using a 6,5 diopter glasses, while its impossible right now to use my 2 last prescriptions (7 and 7,75 diopters), that`s surely improvement.

My point is, if it was all about straining once my eyes are relaxed I should be able to see things clearly. For me this shows I have reached relaxation, but maybe my eye shape is preventing a proper focus.

Im waiting for a 5,75 prescription I bought on the internet, that surelly will help me cause my old prescription glsses Im using is becoming strong to me.

EDIT: I created a thread to debate this issue, so two different subjects are not interpolated in one thread.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2620">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2620</a><!-- l -->
thanks bifocal, arocarty, and clarknight for the explanation ;D. I'll continue the natural vision improvement..

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now