Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you must shift quickly
Thanks for the replies guys. This makes a lot of sense.
It does seem like it will require an extreme amount of present moment focus and ability to "stick with it" until things begin to move on their own. I will continue practicing this when I remember to and see what happens.

Also, I have been able to notice when I lose touch with this method and start "zoning out" in my head. There is a great urge to let myself go into my thoughts, but also, there is, I think, a feeling deep down of which path would be more beneficial to me (i.e. staying in the present moment, perceiving and attending to whatever it is I'm looking at or desire to look at). There is a great, difficult to explain, relief when one is able to let go of the burden of continuing to think thoughts which ultimately serve no real benefit to oneself.

It doesn't seem like one should have to practice this method where one's vision is normal (looking at the close up objects for a nearsighted person) but what about that distance that we are talking about, just slightly beyond what is clear? I feel as though I could practice this method at the near point but that it might be counter productive, because I already see fine at the near point. But when things do start to get slightly blurry....maybe I can do a combination of remembering how I saw close up AND applying these new principles?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
When you must shift quickly - by ted - 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Re: When you must shift quickly - by David - 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Re: When you must shift quickly - by arocarty - 10-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Re: When you must shift quickly - by ted - 10-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Re: When you must shift quickly - by arocarty - 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Re: When you must shift quickly - by ted - 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM