MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Snellen, Snellen, Snellen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snellen, Snellen, Snellen
Dear all,

I have a basic question - what do you actually do with the Snellen test chart? From the book I got:
1. Periods - look at a period and "memorize" (practice imagining it with my eyes closed until the memory is just like the real image) - then look at different distances from the chart, until I look at the chart, still remembering the period. Then look at a letter and imagine the period there.
2. Letter - "memorize" a letter - then do the same as I did with the period.
3. Swing/shift - shift between letters.
My vision is improving. It's just improving so slowly I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

Also - how much time a day is needed for this practice, providing I constantly exercise David's method everywhere I go?

Thank you all for all your support during the past year,
Reut
I can help you if you use the microphone on Chat. I have a neck injury and have given up typing training on the Internet.
If I am not on Chat; send a e-mail to tell me to sign on.

You must shift part to part on letters on the chart. Avoid staring, squinting. Squinting works but it's cheating; shows some of the true vision that can be obtained but it will result in more tension, blur. Blink, relax. Use a memorized chart; it's not cheating; it's the true function of the eyes and Dr. Bates advises this. See his magazines about; familiar and unfamiliar objects.

Use no effort to see. Relax, Let the mind drift in happy thoughts

Mary

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now