MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
blue/red "grain", myopia side effect ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blue/red "grain", myopia side effect ?
hello.

this problem is hard to describe.

I notice when I look a blank walls, or I close my eyes or I look at anything really.

I notice blue/red dots, sometimes other colors moving around.

A little like floaters but luckily not as bad as floaters.

When I look at an object close up, meaning in my field of vision and not the blur, the effects aren't so obvious.

the best way I can describe it is "grain"

sort of like this :
[Image: 55969182.jpg]

and moving

could it be a myopia side effect ? or is it something else ?

thanks
Get a eye exam. After that, result; probally eyes are healthy; then you can relax and work on this.
Lot computer use? Video games? Kindle?

It might be floaters; they can come in many colors... Bates Magazines describe this;

October, 1919;

FLOATING SPECKS

A very common phenomenon of imperfect sight is the one known to medical science as muscae volitantes, or flying flies. These floating specks are usually dark, or black; but sometimes appear like white bubbles, and in rare cases may assume all the colors of the rainbow. They move somewhat rapidly, usually in curving lines, before the eyes, and always appear to be just beyond the point of fixation. If one tries to look at them directly, they seem to move a little farther away. Hence their name of flying flies.

See entire article in Oct., 1919 Issue.
Apparently you're not the only one with a visual field peppered with colored dots:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/04/18/yayoi-kusama-alice-in-wonderland/">http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/ ... onderland/</a><!-- m -->

I haven't read the article but my wife mentioned it to me.
It sounds as though your eyes are searching for the correct prescription that you normally require.
If you have ever had the red/green test near the end of your eye exam,it is used to fine tune your prescription.
The physics principle that it works on is that the color red is at one end of the visible light spectrum,and blue at the extreme other end.
Green is used because blue does not work as well ,but blue is very close in the spectrum.
The doctor will know that he has found your correct prescription when both red,and blue look equally clear to you.
Without your glasses on I suspect that your eyes are hunting back and forth for their required prescription. Not really a sign of any improvement,nor any harm to your eyes.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download