MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Buteyko Breathing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buteyko Breathing
Its been a while but I made some progress but not with my eyes, I decided that I should focus on eliminating my breathing problems first, I have asthma you see. I came across the buteyko breathing method in a search and found a free version of it on normalbreathing.com from this Russian guy, so far I've had less symptoms with my asthma and I am hoping to get rid of it all together.

Buteyko was originally developed to get rid of hypertension but since than claims to have in a sense "cured" asthma and anxiety sufferers all over the world. I thought it may be effecting my because whenever I concentrated on anything I took small shallow breaths which often left me feeling breathless. If you want to know if this can help you study the first section of the method on the site up until you learn how the control pause works.

The control pause or breath hold time BHT is a scale used to determine if you are breathing correctly or not, if your control pause is below 40 sec then you could benefit from the buteyko method. Hope this helps.
It interesting that you should mention breathing. I have recently having great success in combining breathing with eye stretches which gives me lots of clear flashes and tears. The interesting aspect of the adding the breath is that you can literally see how the breath affects sight and how it can be used to heal the tense muscles as the vision improves. What is really fascinating is that healing of the vision only improves on the out breath but not on the in breath.

I do yoga and noticed how my vision improves after a class which I put down to the restricted breathing that we do in the class. The key to triggering the healing effect is the darth vadar type breathing.
Yes to be honest I do notice a slight increase in clarity on a proper exhale, so far in buteyko it has taught me to do shallow slow breathing, which I believe is beneficial. Although it seems that in a lot of yoga classes, instructors teach to breath deeply. Now I know these have different benefits but I personally believe that shallow slow relaxed breathing is correct for going about your day but still buteyko warns against deep breathing.

So I'm a bit confused there, but I guess neither are perfect.
Well for me the improvement only occurs when I am breathing out and so the longer it lasts the longer the healing works.

I did a long haul flight recently and pretty much combined my breathing with tracing lines in the plane for much of the 10 hour flight. My eyes were tired at the end but the vision was clear. So I can use this technique to create clear vision but the blur returns when I stop.

I am noticing though lots of clear patches now which I never had before when I look around. My guess is that if I keep at this then there should be some improvement over time - eventually.

I can't comment on the shallow breathing other then it's mentioned in a negative way when I come across it - so better to use more of your lungs.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now