MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eye Moisture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Moisture
This is my first post on here I just want to say hi to everyone Smile . I look forward to discussing vision improvement with everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the correct section in which to post this or if it has already been discussed on here, but I think it's worth mentioning. I've been near sighted since I was about 15. I was prescribed glasses but I never wore them much. When I was in school sitting all the way in the back and trying to see the board, I discovered a way that I could see clearly(I suppose around 20/20) for very short periods of time. When I yawned, my eyes would tear up and all of the sudden I would be able to read the writing on the board. Naturally, I was excited by this and I tried to replicate the effect. I found out that I could make myself yawn and tear up my eyes intentionally and close my eyes then open them in such a way that the moisture would form a kind of contact lens over my eyes allowing me to see much more clearly. The problem is, I can only hold it for about 10 seconds or until I have to blink. I believe this is the explanation for some clear flashes. I haven't found much information about this online, but Wikipedia mentions it in the article on the Bates Method:

"A 1982 study concluded that such occurrences are best explained as a contact lens-like effect of moisture on the eye, based on increased tear action exhibited by 15 out of 17 subjects who experienced such improvement."

I just thought it was worth mentioning because even though I do believe in the Bates method and natural vision improvement, I don't think these kind of clear flashes are indicative of any actual vision improvement although they can be used as a kind of "trick" to see something clearly when needed.

I hope people find this at least somewhat interesting/helpful lol.
Welcome -

You can rest assured that the Bates method of vision improvement does not rely on any such tricks. That has been discussed on a number of occasions in this forum. There are many tricks one can use to get a quick, fleeting improvement (squinting the eyes, looking at a sharp angle, etc.) Study the original magazines and book of Bates, and you'll see what he did to help patients realize their own strain, and potential for relieving it. All methods are aimed at securing rest and relief of the mind first, then the eyes naturally follow suit. It's a course in eye education, so to speak, modeled after how the person with normal sight uses their eyes all through the day. Best of luck with your vision improvement -
Many of my temporary improvements early in my practice produced large amounts of tears. They still come to an extent, but it is very possible to get improvements without tearing up, and they are much more comfortable. Keep experimenting and testing your understanding of the fundamentals and you should be able to see constant temporary improvements and eventually permanent ones.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now