MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How to buy lower prescription lenses.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to buy lower prescription lenses.
I want to by lower prescription lenses but am having a problem. Generally all that is talked about here is diopter ( - ) or ( + ) and how much. I am so confused trying to buy a cheap lower prescription pair. I know i'm about ( -6 ) on each eye, and want to get (-5) pair for computer work and distance. I clearly don't understand how though as it does not ask for diopter, It asks for these.

Sphere
(SPH)

Cylinder
(CYL)

Axis
(AXI)

Addition (Near)
(ADD)

How the heck can i get a lower prescription? I mean, how do i know these details and what to put in them?

Thanks.
SPH is diopters (-5 in your case). CYL and AXIS are for astigmatism (how much and what angle) and can be left blank if you don't have that. The ADD is for bifocals I'm guessing and you won't need this either.
Thanks Nancy.

I'm gonna plan to do very slight retinal de-focus training. Wear 0.5 weaker for outside then my prescription 1.0 weaker for inside and 20 for computer work since the screen is close. I hope to see some benefit from it because going completely without does cause my eyes stress. I wonder if there is any in the other Cylinder and Axis box if it should be included or left out, sort of training my eyes back to not being that way or whatever? I really appreciate your help.
If you don't have any astigmatism correction currently, please don't add one in! If you do and it's fairly mild, under -2.0, just leave it out. If it's higher than that, reduce it by 2 -- this is my behavioral optometrist's guideline. You might experience some disorientation as you adjust to the milder prescription, so take it slowly. Remember your ultimate goal is not to see wonderfully with any glasses, but to do without them completely so these are just a stepping-stone. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Remember, I am not licensed as an eye doctor so this is just my educated experienced recommendation.
Nancy Wrote:If you don't have any astigmatism correction currently, please don't add one in! If you do and it's fairly mild, under -2.0, just leave it out. If it's higher than that, reduce it by 2 -- this is my behavioral optometrist's guideline. You might experience some disorientation as you adjust to the milder prescription, so take it slowly. Remember your ultimate goal is not to see wonderfully with any glasses, but to do without them completely so these are just a stepping-stone. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Remember, I am not licensed as an eye doctor so this is just my educated experienced recommendation.

I am very determined to get rid of them now. I really do feel like a dog with a collar of shame. I really feel like glasses are kinda like a cage for the soul. I want to a more positive person and recive a more positive lens prescription not being a negative person and keeping my negative lenses. I have some work to do, Its just a first step after all.
You will also have to specify pupillary distance, which you may already have from your previous prescription. I'm curious how folks measure theirs. The pupillary distance changes depending on what distance you will use the glasses. Perhaps if it is for distance vision, it is probably a good idea to let someone else measure your PD as you look in the distance. Using the mirror and doing it yourself will probably give a low value as the eyes are converged.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now