MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
astigmatism and eye exercises

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
astigmatism and eye exercises
I found this site on astigmatism and doing exercises to release the tension in the eye muscles and induce flexibility. See link below about the exercises and the objective proof he provides. I have not had a chance to read Leo Angart's book yet. Any thoughts about the method or have heard of Leo Angart before?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.com/books?id=KaUGHB9fxC0C&pg=PA89&lpg=PA89&dq=astigmatism+wheel&source=bl&ots=Yfkvqs1jGd&sig=qWovKsRs5ddza4VXXy3rX1sPyKk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PIgKUemKNYfe8ATl14CQDQ&ved=0CGYQ6AEwCg#v=onepage&q=astigmatism%20wheel&f=false">http://books.google.com/books?id=KaUGHB ... el&f=false</a><!-- m -->
I tried Leo Angarts program and relearning to see book quite a while back, I did get flashes, however to overcome dioptres I found something deeper has to change. I remember also Greg Marsh saying to avoid such exercises, as stretching muscles don't bring mental relaxation.
However give it a go and see for yourself as everyone is different.

Leo Angarts full program is now available on YouTube if you want to give it a go, it includes a few more techniques:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-8jkXJ5lQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-8jkXJ5lQ</a><!-- m -->
Even the teachers disagree among one another. If the exercises don't produce mental relaxation. hopefully it can bring about a physical one. Thanks for the link. It's generous of him to put his program online for us to watch.
The Tibetan wheel didn't work for me, this was better:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html">http://www.cleareyesight.info/id40.html</a><!-- m -->

But I had real success only with 'relaxation', that is, when I gave up the idea that I have to see as clearly as possible 'at the first sight'. When I 'allowed' myself to see blurry at first and then appraoch gradually to better and clearer vision, the multiple images vanished and now my astigmatism (of -1,5) is completely gone.
I always had one sharp image and at least one blurry image underneath.

My 'personal theory' is, that this was due to a 'mental double focus': instead of concentrating only on the details I see best, I could not let go the concentration on what was not clear enough yet. I was always too much aware of the blur which I still had to overcome and could not just 'let it be' there without paying much attention to it; so it remained present in the focus of attention as a blurry double image.
thanks Nini. I have actually downloaded that astigmatism wheel from somewhere but it didn't have instructions like Clark's site does. I didn't really know how astigmatism was affecting me until I looked at the wheel and saw 3 horizontal lines but would only see 2 vertical lines. This led me to conclude that I have a football-shaped cornea standing on end. And explained why if I stretch my eyes sideways, my astigmatism goes away.
Nini Wrote:My 'personal theory' is, that this was due to a 'mental double focus': instead of concentrating only on the details I see best, I could not let go the concentration on what was not clear enough yet. I was always too much aware of the blur which I still had to overcome and could not just 'let it be' there without paying much attention to it; so it remained present in the focus of attention as a blurry double image.
What makes it hard for me is to distinguish which image is best to choose. Each eye has astigmatism to deal with, so there are two focal points per eye which causes two images per eye. So there are mainly 4 images scattered about in my visual field and trying to sort out which is which gets complicated. Perhaps just being consistent is good enough. Thanks for mentioning your experience of clearing -1.5 diopters of astigmatism.
lou_deg Wrote:What makes it hard for me is to distinguish which image is best to choose.
I know this problem very well.
Here is a very helpful answer from David:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?p=15701#p15701">viewtopic.php?p=15701#p15701</a><!-- l -->
I noticed very good improvements after 2 sessions, one thursday and one friday.

I like leo angart program because it attacks your eye problems in many ways: mental relaxation, muscular stretching relaxation, energy, relaxation and focus, eyes fusion and coordination.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now