MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Experiment (need replys)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiment (need replys)
Just a small experiment, please don't bother asking why until Its complete, I'm just testing some stuff.
Okay so anybody who has ever had Myopia or still has Myopia can you please answer this question. Would you describe yourself as passive? Ie. you avoid conflict and don't like harming people verbally or physically. Need at least 50 replys plz.
Hello,

I am definitely non confrontational. Still myopic though I believe I am making progress. I was a prison officer for four and a half years and really struggled because I am too soft. :-\
Hi,
I find it a bit difficult to answer, because the alternatives of the choice are not quite clear to me.
'Passive' does not mean 'avoiding conflicts' for me but 'not active'.
Whereas 'avoiding conflicts' means to me 'non-aggressive', 'searching harmony' (which can be very active).
I would describe myself definitely as 'searching harmony' and 'avoiding conflicts', but I need a certain amount of 'activity', otherwise I feel bored.
Fair enough, who finds themselves non aggressive/ harmonious?
I think I Do. For the most part.
I definitely feel like I have a much more complex inner life that most people. I think myopes may tend to be "in their head" for longer periods of time. Myopes in my opinion are stragglers, they struggle to do everything and thus it seems like they are passive where they might very well be just as active as a non-myope. That's what I would describe my mental state as.
I'm an introvert, often preferring my own company to that of others, especially if it's a crowd which tends to overwhelm me. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4</a><!-- m -->
I'm an introvert, often preferring my own company to that of others, especially if it's a crowd which tends to overwhelm me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4
I am also introverted, non aggressive, shy, and also spend to much time 'in my head' constantly thinking so much over something so small. Decisions take much longer for us myopes.
I'm also shy and try to avoid conflict as much as possible when there is little to gain. It's less stressful just to lay back and relax.
Not really 50 replys but it seems everyone here has some introverted qualitys, I know someone mentioned that before, I think. Anyway has anyone ever considered that you might have to lose these qualitys to get better eyesight? There not bad qualitys but still.
Introverted, shyness feeling uncomfortable in a certain situation etc.. happen in normal sighted people at times however the way we deal with it is different, we hold tight our muscles and hold on to this strain very easily. Removing these things or becoming extroverted may improve the sight, as removing strained moments in life can be beneficial, however maybe a more better way is to find a new way of dealing with these problems and use it for other challenging situations aswell like fear or anger etc.. like a perfect sighted person. They accept the situation fully and remain focused.
I don't actually know anyone who DOES like harming people verbally or physically ???? So yes to that part of the question. And I would say I am passive in that I am always the first one to end a fight, sorry is one of my favourite words and I avoid potential conflict until I feel I have prepared myself for the situation, then I will tackle conflict if it can't be avoided forever.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now