MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyeball experiment!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyeball experiment!
Well, just thought I would look at my eyes and see if I could tell if they are a myopic shape or not. I might point out just now that I am a portrait painter and can notice differences in shapes, angles and distances within the face. Any way I noticed that my eyes looked slightly smaller because I had strained them a bit on my computer. Also my right eye definitely had more of a myopic curve than the left which would make sense. The left eye looked relatively flatter perhaps even normal now. (At least I hope)

Than I did an experiment. I got a hand held mirror and watched my eyes as I did a gentle swing of my head from side to side. That way I could really get a grasp of the curvature of the eyeball and see if it looked more elongated or round etc. Then I looked at my eyes afterwards. I found that this exercise relaxed my eyes which was a good sign. The results were that I could tell the right eye was more of a myopic shape as in more curved than the left. Also after a few times of doing this the right eye adopted a flatter curve in turning which I thought was amazing! It almost confirmed Bates theories to me. I also felt this eye blink softer and afterwards both my eyes looked bigger and less strained.

I'm honestly thinking the eyeball shape can change as Bates said ..I think I just saw it for myself!

Another thought I had was that the hard blinks are when the eye is in a more myopic shape because the eye lid rubs against the curved eye ball and the soft blinks come when the eye is flatter as in a normal round shape.
My right eye was always 3 diopters weaker than the left and the vision is still poorer in that eye.
The difference in prescription between my eyes are not as large as yours, maybe 0.5 diopters, and I can't tell if they are elongated or not. It would be helpful if I can see this myopic shape for myself using a mirror. It seems that ultrasound imaging is used to measure elongation of the eyes. You must have good vision if you can detect the elongation in your own eyes.
I do have good vision close up because I am short sighted only. Also I can read the tiny photographic print that Bates has in his book which perhaps means I have a certain level of microscopic vision. I do have a high attention to detail. It is easier for me to see elongation in the eye because I have both my eyes to compare with which have differing degrees of myopia. Obviously I can only see the part of the eye ball that presents itself on view. Interestingly, I have always noticed the slightly different shape of my eyes because I used to do self portraits with my contact lenses in. I think it would be harder to see in eyes that are exactly the same. However I do look at people's eyes a lot and I can generally see if they are myopic or long sighted by the look of them. I also can see that people who were myopic and had laser surgery still look myopic! Bates did draw attention to photographs of myopic staring eyes in comparison to normal eyes even in the same person. Bates also in his experimental work showed the photographic elongation in the eye in its myopic, hyperopic, relaxed and focusing states. (see page 63 of The Cure of Imperfect Sight by Treatment Without Glasses.)

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now