MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Having strain without glasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having strain without glasses
I quit using glasses in 2011. But When I try to see far objects like tv or some another object , I feel my eyes are strained and if I have to do this for a long time I can really feel the strain. I try to do palming but even then I can feel the strain. Is it ok to feel the strain double when palming. What should I do with "trying to see far objects" . Is there something I can do to keep my eyes relaxed while seeing. I have to admit that I don't palm as often as I should.
The strain may not be doubling from palming, you just might be becoming more aware of the strain that's there, unless you're trying to see black or trying to relax. For strain looking in the distance, look at something closer and feel how relaxed your eyes are, then look at something just a little farther away and notice how you're looking, etc. The distance at which you start to strain is where you want to practice. Maybe something about this distance is where you're not feeling safe any longer? If so, this is good information. Don't rush, enjoy the relaxed sensation of the images coming into your visual system and gradually clearing up. Be grateful you can go without glasses and function, since many people can't. Focus on the clarity you do see and don't grab for more, let it come to you. Reread David's posts on looking easily and curiously for details even in the blur -- my guess is you are trying to see more than a small area all at once, which is straining.
Yes, you are right. I try to get the bigger image instead of an object. And yes I strain only when trying to imagine black. Is that normal?

Btw when I try meirchnieder's miracle eyesight method when palming, I don't feel that much strain. I think I should start doing his method. His method involves other relaxing exercises before doing the palming.
Ahsen Wrote:Yes, you are right. I try to get the bigger image instead of an object.

You don't want to necessarily do anything to suppress the bigger picture either, you want to see one area always better than the rest, while still being aware of the whole. If we try to see one small area only we loose a lot of vital information that puts an object in it's context and relative depth/distance. But I would call it more of a passive awareness. You're not actively trying to identify and make out detail in the surrounding periphery - that's really the job of the center of sight, the fovea.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download