MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Was Bates wrong on glaucoma?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Bates wrong on glaucoma?
I'm surprised at what Dr. Bates wrote on curing glaucoma. He makes it sound as if glaucoma is like a pressed hose which if the tension is released begins to work again. Glaucoma is due to dead optic nerves. You need a resurrection from the dead rnot a release of pressure. Eye docs say once the nerves are dead they are dead. Maybe in a few years we will have stem cell therapy for glaucoma. There is a new theory gaining ground, though, that the problem is not just in the optic nerve but in the brain cells. They have become atrophied. A Russian neurologist named Anton Fedorov says he can stimulate these brain cells with AC electric current and improve vision. There is proof for this but the improvements last about a year and then you have to do it again. I believe Bates was incorrect on the glaucoma. His patients did not have dead optic nerves.
Interesting. Do you have a link to a webpage on this subject? I wonder if that doctor will find other ways to keep the brain cells in good health?

I met a older man that cured glaucoma, cataract and extreme blur with the Bates method all by himself. Then he went through alot of stress, divorce, lost his home and his vision went down a bit. (Mental, emotional strain) He gave into wearing glasses again. Then his doctor upped the prescription to the strongest he ever had in his life. The glaucoma came back, black cataract in one eye and bleeding in retina. He saw blue lights... for a week, then went blind. Doctors performed surgery for the retina. Now he swears to stay away from glasses. He is back with the Bates Method and has light perception. I hope he gets his full vision back. He wants to be a teacher of this method and if he can get the sight back he will be the best due to real life experience!
That there is growing evidence that glaucoma is not just a problem of the optic nerve is encouraging to me as I have glaucoma. I am starting the Bates exercises because I believe they will help nourish my eyes and stimulate my brain cells connected to the optic nerve. I love that Bates put such an emphasis on imagination. It can probably move mountains in the right person. I, unfortunately am saddled with a logical, "prove it" mind always looking toward authority. Even though I know authority has been wrong again and again. If you go to the FitEyes website you will find lots of info on glaucoma.
Thanks. Anyone with a eye condition as you have may read my books free. Contact me at the address below and I will send the link.
They are e-books so you will have print them. You can listen to Bates magazines on-line.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now