MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Extremely skeptical regarding palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely skeptical regarding palming
I would like to believe this stuff works as glasses are stressful and probably damaging in the long run but I just find it a bit nonsensical, tbh.

Palming - as far as I am aware - is to relax the eyes as they are subjected to complete darkness and focused thought.

Surely sleeping is the ultimate palming? Many people with myopia go to bed relaxed after a nice bath or whatever and sleep in darkness with their eyes allowed to 'relax' from a day of refracting light. I don't understand. What is special about being conscious of doing palming?

And how far can relaxation go in curing eyes that are quite frankly deformed in terms of shape? That is the reason they are unable to focus light into tangible form.
Regarding sleep, that was discussed here.

There seems to be a misperception that palming is the main Bates exercise. If you read the "David's method" section of this site, as of now palming isn't even mentioned.
That makes a lot of sense. However, even if palming is as realxing as sleeping, you don't have too many occasions to rest your eyes in complete darkness by day and palming makes it feasible even during the day.
Best to try and see. From my experience sleeping doesn't rest the eyes at all while palming does have a temporal relief-like effect and
sometimes gives me a short vision boost. It's not just the effect of covering the eyes and excluding light that is important.

If I rub my hands together before covering my eyes I feel 'a kind of energy' flowing from the hands
which rests the eyes better than just covering the eyes. In my case sleeping tends to tire the eys, instead of resting them.

There is another difference. While palming I try to either focus or let go of everything as in meditation. To sleep I just let the subconscious take over.

Note that sometimes it doesn't work for various reasons either due to tension or inability to focus, but when done properly it rests the eyes.
kofe Wrote:In my case sleeping tends to tire the eys, instead of resting them.
this.

sleeping in my case also seems to tire the eyes.

when i wake up, depending on how well i slept, my eyes feel like @#$$. i can barely open them, they feel extremely tired, it sometimes takes up to a few hours to really get them feeling normal.

but with sitting comfortably, closing my eyes and relaxing for about 10-15 minutes and then slowly opening them, my eyes feel like they've been washed in cold water. like a total reset. they feel great.

so it makes sense that palming and sleeping are DEFINTELY two different things.

hi i'm new btw Big Grin ready to do this bates method thing! i've discovered this method a few years back and dabbled with it a little and then i just never really did anything with it anymore. now i'm back, i'm older and i'm serious about this!
Bates has written about people staring in their sleep and waking up with very tired eyes. He recommends doing 50 or 100 long swings before going to bed to break up the staring habit.
Nancy Wrote:Bates has written about people staring in their sleep and waking up with very tired eyes. He recommends doing 50 or 100 long swings before going to bed to break up the staring habit.
i actually did that last night and it really works! i did the long swing for about 5 minutes.

the long swing really relaxes my entire body. it is an amazing relaxation technique.

today i woke up and my eyes felt a LOT less tired than usual!!
Cool! Thanks so much for letting us know. Good work!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download