MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Need advice on central fixation and other methods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on central fixation and other methods
Hello.
I'm new to the eyesight improvement trough natural methods so I could use some help on this.
A bit of an intro on my sight and also warning for the wall of text Smile

The first time I noticed I don't see very well was when I was 16. I really didn't want to get glasses but now 4 years later I decided to. I got -0.5 on both eyes, which to my surprise is not so much considering I was spending a lot of time on PC and squinting at blackboards in those 4 years.Now after putting them for the first time and after taking them off I realized that in my opinion my eyesight is going to get worse from wearing. After taking them off my vision is so blurry that it takes 1h to get back to normal.

I started doing some exercises I found on the internet( Bathes and the methodes from Harry Benjamin's book) and I've been doing them for about 3-4 days now. Those are: palming, swinging, sun staring, blinking and few other for strengthening eye muscles.

Now I'm fine with all those but I have few questions about following:

Using cold water. There is an exercise that says I should use cold water to splash my eyes from about 5cm distance for 20 times then use towel to rub my eyes to warm them up. It says this helps relaxing my eyes when they are sore. Any thoughts on this?

Now memory as an aid to vision. In Harry Benjamin book it says that I should use some small object, try to memorize it as best as I can then close my eyes and try to visualize it the as best as I can, then look at object again and repeat it. Also it says that doing this with words from books is even better and if the words that I'm looking at starts appearing more black then last time I looked at it, it means sight is starting to improve. Are there any alternations as well for this?

And the last one central fixation. I've been browsing the internet a lot about this matter and the more I look the more I'm confused. In HB's book it says I should read a line in some book then focus on the word in the middle of the line. Then I should close my eyes trying to imagine the line with the word in the middle appearing better then the other words in the line, other lines appearing less noticable. It says as I progress I should foces on single words trying to focus on the first few letters on the words, making other less noticable. I know that big part of this is not only exercise but also the state of mind and being relaxed.

If someone could share some thoughts about central fixation( would appreciate if you can make it as simple as you can) that would be great.

Thanks.
Zizy Wrote:Hello.
Using cold water. There is an exercise that says I should use cold water to splash my eyes from about 5cm distance for 20 times then use towel to rub my eyes to warm them up. It says this helps relaxing my eyes when they are sore. Any thoughts on this?
Hey Zizy...
See that a very simple thing said by the author in the books- Splashing water upon your face(or say eyes) will get you a refreshment from the not so good state..
Its just that only.
And you must have also felt it when you are tired you go to the washroom or basin and splash water and get an amazing refreshing feeling.!!
No need to bring out complex deduction and forget about those measurements because I think the author just confirms that if you don't maintain a distance then you will just wash your face/eyes and wont splash it..and splashing helps to refresh while washing is not so effective.
And yes don't stick to number of times the author asked you to splash water upon your face, do it as many times you are fine but this practical should not tire you up..it meant to get you refreshed and not troublesome experiences.
I guess since you do have a minor error to refraction my suggestion to you is, first of all you don't need to put on glasses upon your eyes back again henceforth if you want improvements quicker okay!!
Next thing since you have not been wearing those glasses much I don't think you need to resort to those complex Bates method exercises. Simple Palming is gonna do it all for you.!!
Do you know how you actually do Palming?
If not then here it is:
Close your eyes and softly cover your eye-balls by crossing your fingertips at the center of your forehead by resting your palms upon your cheeks. On doing so you are suppose to see the black color only and eyes will feel relaxed. You need not to do anything to get it done, everything I said-meaning the appearance of black color. The reason behind this is that when you cover your eyes no light is radiated upon your optic nerves so nothing has to appear and absence of color is black.And palming has no fixed timings you can do it for 2 minutes to 5 minutes to 10 minutes to 30 minutes and up-till you find it relaxing. Once palming is successful you will notice that the vision has improved and improvement stays [also a little trick that I myself do is once my sight feels agitated do relaxing either close your eyes(simple close your eyes is also relaxing) or palm for a while]. And also next time you palm you will find that the black color you see will be more intense/darker then before as a sign of successful palming. So do Palming as stated and narrate what happened you actually felt when you did so in order to get guided properly!!
(if you have a query with the pose of palming let us know anyone of us will post a picture)
Thanks for the reply.

Yea I know about palming I've been doing it for some time now.

The only thing that I'm bit confused is the central fixation. I've seen different explanations about it and now I'm wondering how to properly execute it.

For example: I read somewhere that you achived central fixation if you look at the top of one letter and that the bottom half of it appears less noticable. Now how do you train your eye to get to that point?
Hello Zizy,
Central fixation of vision can be trained through many ways, its basically narrowing the attention down to a smaller point, for example if you look at a letter T when looking at the top middle, take a mental note that the point you are looking at is darker and clearer than the rest or that the edges and bottom of the T are less distinct or lighter in colour than what you are looking at, it is very simple but this trains the mind on focusing on one point best, if this is a little difficult try making the space between the two points bigger like two seperate letters then gradually bring the points closer as your vision improves until it becomes one letter, This can be done on any object also, if it helps try also imagining with the eyes closed one part darker and distinct where your central vision is and the other part less distinct this way you are training your mind on how it should be seeing. So fine print is also good to train the mind to narrow the attention down to a smaller point.

You are right that this activity brings relaxation to the mind because the smaller the circle of attention that you are mentally taking in, the more a person becomes mentally focused and relaxed and the more natural shifting takes place.
Yeah Eaglevision said it all correct it that only. The thing is Zizy you are too much stressing yourself to do all this. See what I believe is once you have understood what is the method try to relate it with yourself and apply those principles to yourself in your cosy way. And beginning at a slow pace and keep doing what you know and as and soon you start develop understanding about those you will get relate it with yourself own your own in a much simplified and easiest way. And more of it what I think is never get constrained with whatever has been said, i always understand the fundamental and apply it in myself in the best possible way because i m the best fellow that knows and understands himself.
On central fixation:
According me it is looking one thing at a time to the best leaving everything behind and that to not to keep looking at it to bring out any detail just look at what I see and then go to the next point. And the way author say to look at Letters and there parts and all i guess it gets U more worry-some and frustrating then solving it, never mind you just look at something that you love looking at.Alternatively, imagine you are standing at a distance and there is a (say) chair in front of you. Since you are distant you can see the entire chair. Now say you have walked a little and halved the distance now you will see the upper half of the chair easily and more clearer then previously but the lower half that you cant see, to see that you need to position of your eyes downwards, and hence you see the legs of the chair more clear and distinct. Now say you go even more closer and sit on the floor and feel like noticing the details of the carving upon the legs of the chair. Now since you are too you will pay attention or lets say you can only one legs and in it too you can only see a little portion and notice the details of it for a fraction of second and then move to other portion to notice other details. So central fixation is looking the best what you are looking. And don't stare to bring out what you can't if you will do so a pain will come to your beautiful eyes. And accept that you see a blur okay and be patient to unveil the results. Start with bigger thing and once you get the method into your pockets smaller number and letter and digits central fixation will place on its own. And please do never manipulate your eyes to bring out what you cant see just open them and look at things for second and pretend that you see things like normally you see. I tried manipulating my eyes and my left eye pained for next 2 days like hell.
And keep posting!!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now