MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how to choose reduced prescription?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to choose reduced prescription?
hi,

i'm nearsighted with -1.5 prescription in every eye, not using glasses for the last 6 months, but you know, it's hard to engage with the world in the night, so, i want to use reduced prescription to use them when i need.

so, how to choose reduced prescription, and can i use them for driving?
Do NOT use a reduced prescription for driving, especially at night. You say that you haven't used glasses in the last six months. I hope that means you haven't driven in that time?
No, i have only take driving lessons. next few days, i will buy my first car and start actually driving. okay, i will use my full prescription for the night driving, but now, the main question is: how can i choose reduced prescription to use them for the other tasks when it's needed?
What other tasks would you need a reduced prescription for? -1.5 is quite mild. If it's a matter of seeing the board, perhaps you could get a seat near the front.
Daniel Wrote:Do NOT use a reduced prescription for driving, especially at night. You say that you haven't used glasses in the last six months. I hope that means you haven't driven in that time?

As long as you meet the minimum standard required by your state, you can do whatever you want. If there was any evidence that shows that the minimum requirements would compromise your safety or others on the road, it surely would not be permitted. Check your state requirements.
arocarty Wrote:As long as you meet the minimum standard required by your state, you can do whatever you want. If there was any evidence that shows that the minimum requirements would compromise your safety or others on the road, it surely would not be permitted.

Once again, some people's vision can't be corrected to 20/20 even with glasses, and these people are among those who vote for the people who make the laws.
Also, even if it's generally safe to drive with 20/40 or 20/60 or whatever, we're talking about a new driver here.
Being corrected to 20/20 or even over-corrected is no guarantee that anyone will be a good driver. I'd rather see someone focus on being legal, seeing 20/40 or 20/50 or whatever his state requires, then focus on paying attention so he can drive as safely as possible. It doesn't matter what your correction is, or isn't, if you're not looking!

haller, if you haven't been wearing glasses your sight is probably pretty good. If you feel like your glasses are too strong you can re-visit your eye doctor for a weaker pair if he/she agrees you need less correction. I'd get an eye chart so you can check your own vision, plus it will help you see improvement. Please make sure you can see well enough to drive safely and legally -- when you're behind the wheel you should be focusing on the other cars and the road, not on your glasses!
Nancy Wrote:haller, if you haven't been wearing glasses your sight is probably pretty good. If you feel like your glasses are too strong you can re-visit your eye doctor for a weaker pair if he/she agrees you need less correction. I'd get an eye chart so you can check your own vision, plus it will help you see improvement. Please make sure you can see well enough to drive safely and legally -- when you're behind the wheel you should be focusing on the other cars and the road, not on your glasses!

i think there's no improvement in my eyesight, even though i haven't been wearing glasses for a long period of time. i already have two eye charts in my room, i can see 20/20 with my correction (-1.5 prescription) but cannot see 20/16 with them, so i can say there's no improvement. anyway, i will re-visit an eye-doctor to ensure that.
in the past, i left my glasses for 7 months and when i visited the eye-docor it still (-1.5).

i'm 21 now, but let's go back to the first time i saw an eye doctor.
on day - when i was 16 - i was playing football in a dark place, my friends can see each other but i can't. so i visit the eye doctor for the first time, and started wearing glasses intermittently because i don't like them. oh, i can add, my prescription (-1.5) didn't change from that time.

i have heard about bates method and the natural vision improvement only before 2 months, and i'm having some troubles with letting go and relax, maybe because my thought patterns.
sometimes, after palming, i can see a little sharper, but it go back to my normal degree as the minutes tick by.

thank you all Smile
You might try more frequent periods of palming, even for just a few minutes at a time, since you say you see an improvement afterwards, at least until your habitual unconscious straining reasserts itself. Anything else you can do to relax yourself, and keep yourself that way, whether it be exercise or meditation or art or walking in the woods or something else, will help. This is more about the mind than the eyes, maintaining a calm relaxed aware focus. You want to replace the automatic habit of straining with a habit of being relaxed, which may not happen right away. The first step is to notice when you're straining (not relaxed), then gently change the behavior so your body learns a better way.
it's not easy for me to relax and let go, sometimes i can loose up some of my tension muscles, but my mind still not relaxed. maybe because of my thought patterns. but i feel better now, palming is a little easier than it was in the first few times. i'm trying to make it more simple.

thanks Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now