MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
what's your favorite?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your favorite?
So what's everyone's favorite method of resting your eyes that works for them?

Mine, as my other posts suggset, is memory, more specifically the memory of letters on the eye chart.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
for me, it's memory, and palming as a sort of  addition. That is for the fact that my memory is my best asset...
Palming and Eye Massage.
I've had quite dramatic results from swinging in a dark room.

Dave K Wrote:So what's everyone's favorite method of resting your eyes that works for them?

Mine, as my other posts suggset, is memory, more specifically the memory of letters on the eye chart.

Dave
chris hansen Wrote:I've had quite dramatic results from swinging in a dark room.

Indeed, as you mentioned on the Yahoo group. I don't think I've ever heard of that particular variation before, and I thought I had heard them all. It's a great idea.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Mine is swinging in a dark room also. It's the one that's helped me the most. I don't see that wierd white circle when I swing anymore. Smile
Since I am farsighted, and should wear plus lenses, my favorite relaxation technique is to wear weak minus lenses. After wearing them for a while , and then removing them, my vision is very sharp.
Bifocal Wrote:Since I am farsighted, and should wear plus lenses, my favorite relaxation technique is to wear weak minus lenses. After wearing them for a while , and then removing them, my vision is very sharp.

I wonder if the opposite would work if you're near sighted? I was thinking of getting a cheap pair of plus lenses and see what happens. You can pick them up at a drug store for about $10.00
I've heard of people having some success with plus lenses for nearsightedness. But results do vary, and apparently they have to continue wearing them often or will revert back to myopia. To me it sounds like a useful tool for limited use, but not as a long-term solution if the whole point is to avoid glasses. Best to learn how to use the eyes right instead.

Minus lenses to treat farsightedness aren't mentioned online as often. Fewer farsighted people are online searching for answers, I think.

Dave
Site Administrator

I believe at least in my case that wearing minus lenses for close work takes my farsighted eyes to a slightly nearsighted state. If I need to do extensive reading, I do need to revert to my plus lensed bifocals. And I can , and usually do go bare eyed for distance. There are times that I wear the minus lenses for distance, and find them relaxing, and soothing to my eyes. I think that it would be possible to become nearsighted, and then require them, I have tried stronger minus lenses, up to -2.00 and can read, and see distant objects rather well. I have worn them quite cautiously. The difference between the plus lenses, and the minus lenses to my eyes, are the plus gives me clear vision, but seems harsh on my eye musles, and the minus seems soothing.I agree that the opposite could benefit myopia.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now