MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
palming vs blindfolding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
palming vs blindfolding
Has anyone experienced alternatives to palming via blindfolding? Be it sleeping eye mask, lightly tied bandanna, or the classic mobster-style bag over the head. Are there any physiological differences in holding the hands in front the eye?  My hands gets tied rather quickly when I palm; however, if I blindfold, I can relax my eyes for longer durations.
When you say that last part, are you saying that theoretically you could relax for longer periods because you don't have to use your hands, or are you saying that you've tried a blindfold and found it to be the case?

There are differences. Hands emit energy that can be soothing, just as when mostly anyone (not just gifted people or people who have learned) can speed healing by laying hands on the injury or ailment of someone else, or to a lesser extent on themselves. Myopia isn't an injury, but the same principle seems to apply.

Then there's the psychological issue of just how safe you subconsciously consider the protection of a blindfold to be versus your hands.

And anything actually touching the eyelids might not be good. They're very sensitive to touch.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
intersting! the strain in the elbow were from of the weight of the arms. blindfolding does not require the effort of the hands, and blindfolding appears to produce different effect, e.g. 30 minutes of blindfolding appears to have less visible improvement over 5 minutes of palming. perhaps this mental "safety" is exactly as you had described.

it is interesting that you mentioning about eye lids. i experimented something a while back and found the phonomenon curious. since myopia is an elongation of the eyes, i tried restin 2 fingers (index and middle) on the horizontal center of the eyelids with the eyes mostly open, one on top, one on bottom. with a slight pressure, the vision totally cleared up, although there are distortions and the letters were all skewed. does this constitute what the vision is suppose to be like before the strained oblique had pulled the eyes to its current shape? what is the motivation behind not touching the eyelids? because i find that experience assuring and gives me added confidence of this journey.
If you're tired or lazy like I am, palm while you're lying down on your back. Relaxes all your muscles too. And you could see a bit clearer is because you probably lower your eyelid halfway through covering your cornea/pupil, controlling a certain amount of light entering your pupil. That or you were pushing your eyeball wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far back in your eye socket which I don't highly recommend anyone doing at all.
teardrop Wrote:intersting! the strain in the elbow were from of the weight of the arms. blindfolding does not require the effort of the hands, and blindfolding appears to produce different effect, e.g. 30 minutes of blindfolding appears to have less visible improvement over 5 minutes of palming. perhaps this mental "safety" is exactly as you had described.

it is interesting that you mentioning about eye lids. i experimented something a while back and found the phonomenon curious. since myopia is an elongation of the eyes, i tried restin 2 fingers (index and middle) on the horizontal center of the eyelids with the eyes mostly open, one on top, one on bottom. with a slight pressure, the vision totally cleared up, although there are distortions and the letters were all skewed. does this constitute what the vision is suppose to be like before the strained oblique had pulled the eyes to its current shape? what is the motivation behind not touching the eyelids? because i find that experience assuring and gives me added confidence of this journey.

Yes and no. Your vision will clear up, but not distorted and skewed like that. Are you okay with walking around perpetually pushing on your eyelids in order to see, assuming that further abuse doesn't make your vision beyond correcting in that way?

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
thank you and happy new year.
David,

Quote:There are differences. Hands emit energy that can be soothing, just as when mostly anyone (not just gifted people or people who have learned) can speed healing by laying hands on the injury or ailment of someone else, or to a lesser extent on themselves

I'm just wondering - when you say to a lesser extent, do you mean that if two people alternately palm each other instead of palming themselves, they would heal faster?

TIA
Well think of massage - even if you know what you're doing, it's generally not as effective as someone else doing it who knows what they're doing. I think that has to do with how if you've got a condition, there's a reason you have it, and someone else might have better energy to be beneficial to your condition. Like I'd guess that it wouldn't be of much more benefit if you have another myopic person palm your eyes; you'd be getting the same thing from them as you get from yourself. But ultimately palming yourself is nowhere near a waste of time. But I think there's something in that that could help explain why some people don't get anything out of palming and just feel worse.

David
Site Administrator

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now