MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Is this normal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
Hi, when I do eye exercises I get something of a tension feeling in my head like a heaviness. Is that normal?

Also when doing eye rolls (look around in a big circle) I very easily (without using force) see lights and experience very mild pain. I have a lot of tension in my eyes, LOTS of tension. This must be why doing this causes pressure on the retina. Is this normal? Should I continue to do it?

If someone could answer my two questions that would be great. Thank you.

PS. I am doing exercises from The American Vision Institutes book called Improve Your Vision Without Glasses or Contact Lenses.
I can't find the edit button. I just want to stress that it's VERY mild pain, not even pain really just a vague ache.
Buyer beware, the "See Clearly Method", aka the American Vision Institute, stopped their operation following a consumer fraud lawsuit filed by the Attorney General of Iowa in 2006. They had to make restitution to customers, clear customer credit records related to any purchases, and stop advertising and selling it. It's these kinds of greedy businessmen who give the Bates method a bad rap - by stealing techniques, packaging a "program" with fancy marketing, make all sorts of unsupported claims, give false hopes. Who knows what these 'exercise' programs will do to you, it's at your own risk - the authors are long gone.

The Bates method may be no frills, but it is FREE, safe, and anything but a canned set of 'exercises' aimed at making your eyes stronger. The purpose of the Bates techniques is to relax the chronic tension and strain which the mind and eyes are under. Physical exercises will doubtfully help in that regard, and will probably work against vision improvement, leading one down the wrong path. I spent some time down that road myself. Fortunately I didn't open my wallet.
arocarty Wrote:Buyer beware, the "See Clearly Method", aka the American Vision Institute, stopped their operation following a consumer fraud lawsuit filed by the Attorney General of Iowa in 2006. They had to make restitution to customers, clear customer credit records related to any purchases, and stop advertising and selling it. It's these kinds of greedy businessmen who give the Bates method a bad rap - by stealing techniques, packaging a "program" with fancy marketing, make all sorts of unsupported claims, give false hopes. Who knows what these 'exercise' programs will do to you, it's at your own risk - the authors are long gone.

The Bates method may be no frills, but it is FREE, safe, and anything but a canned set of 'exercises' aimed at making your eyes stronger. The purpose of the Bates techniques is to relax the chronic tension and strain which the mind and eyes are under. Physical exercises will doubtfully help in that regard, and will probably work against vision improvement, leading one down the wrong path. I spent some time down that road myself. Fortunately I didn't open my wallet.

The exercises increases my concentration tenfold, so it would be difficult for me to stop doing them as that alone for me is a tremendous benefit.
Is the 'See Clearly Method' by the same guys who wrote this book as the internet says here; American Vision Institute is the author of Improve Your Vision Without Glasses or Contact Lenses ; http://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/web?q=A...&qsrc=2869

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/565..._Institute

See my old review; http://www.amazon.com/Improve-Vision-Wit...Descending

Sad the authors, doctors had to throw in things that cause vision impairment and just don't work.

They have some good things but then go off and ruin the entire goal.
It's the same; whatever was of any value, was really ripped-off from Bates.

If someone ever experiences persistent pain, it is definitely not normal. Persistent pain could indicate an underlying medical condition, something that should be examined by a qualified ophthalmologist.
Some years ago the See Clearly Method was being advertised on TV in Massachusetts. I could not afford to buy it to see if there was anything more to learn.
Later I heard about the court cases. 3 things happened;

#1; They were teaching some harmful methods so one of the first worldwide advertised methods was blocked, removed form TV...
#2; This caused people to think all Natural Eyesight improvement is composed of this when in reality it is not. Dr. Bates teaches it right, safe.
#3; Dr. Bates true, entire work was not provided. It was altered in a way that harms or does little, nothing.

I like the modern Bates teachers because they show us that the sunglass and open-eyed sunning are not necessary to obtain clear eyesight and they also give warnings stating how those 2 old methods must be done correct, a specific way, complete directions (if needed by the blind...) to maintain safety.

I hope someday a true teacher will advertise like the See Clearly Method but provide a safe, healthy course and get the word out to all.
I have another book called Improve Your Vision (A Guide to the Bates Method) by Jonathan Barnes. The book is full of silly things, like roll a dice and quickly look at it. Nonsense, it really put me off the Bates method but maybe it's not the Bates method he's really teaching?
Sounds like a visual game that Emily might have played with children being treated. They used all sorts of visual games for children, to get and keep them interested.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now