MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Black period eye-gazing technique

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black period eye-gazing technique
I was reading about this technique recently and found it rather confusing. Unfortunately, I don't have the permissions to post a link to the technique. Here are my questions:

First off, is this technique actually part of the Bates Method?

Next, it says that to improve vision for nearsighted folks, place the period 2 feet or more away from your eyes. Well, I can't see a period that far away with my left eye! So what do you do then? Smile

Also, how can you "look inside" a tiny period from that far away?

Finally, is this technique that useful, or are there better ones for achieving the same result?

Thanks for any info.
I too read about that in internet some where, I have tried that method, I cant see period that far but what i did is,

From 8 ft I could see a black + gray circle which was double the size of actual period ( 2 cm diameter).
I started switching my eyes within the gray circle (which is around 6cm diameter) without straining my eyes if i found that i couldn't move my eye ball smoothly i did some palming....
The main thing what i did was, in my right eye there was more error of refraction so I made sure that my worse eye was active while doing this.
I sensed like my eye ball is moving within the circle ( which i could see ) smoothly like snooker ball which is almost like swinging activity by DR.Bates.

With that activity I learned to move my eyeballs smoothly over the things around me.
I'm not sure whether its right or not but it helped me to learn swinging easily.
The other lines I found interesting in Dr.Bates book are,

"The act of seeing is passive. Things are seen just as they are felt, heard or tasted. without effort." looking like a common sense but difficult to myopic eyes. :Smile

This one I could experience with Swinging method. this is my favourite activity now. when ever i see some letters big enough but cannot read, what i do is i just start swinging from right to left / left to right so that i can read the words.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download