MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Dominant Eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominant Eye
Bates has some articles on improving the vision in an eye that has less clear vision.
I have already posted about this on other discussions.

Here is a topic I need to understand;

A man on TV showed how to find your dominant eye.
He bent part of a coat hanger into a small ring, a circle about 2 inch width by 2 inch length.

He placed the circle in front of the eyes, central field about 7 inches away. Using both eyes.
Objects in the distance are set up so each eye, left and right see something different through the circle,
(Per their individual visual fields).

Look at the circle with both eyes;
Then look through it to the distance;
If you have even just a little less clear vision in one eye for distance; the clearer eye's view (dominant eye) will show the distant object that is in that eyes field. Appearance of the other eyes view though the circle seems to be 'not noticed' though it can be seen, is there.

Note if you use your brain you can make the less clear eye see through the hole, see that eyes distant field.

Notice; when looking though the circle to the distance, the circle is double and one circle may be lighter if one eyes vision is less clear. Both circles become solid when the vision improves. With practice of looking through the 2 circles that appear, one at a time, it seems to improve the vision in the less clear eye.

Cover one eye at a time to see the distant image seen by each eye separately.

The street guys in So. San Francisco told me there is a dominate eye thing, procedure? used when shooting a gun.
I can't remember what they said, I never understood it.
I even read someone say that one's dominant eye doesn't necessarily have to be the eye with the clearer vision.

I tried putting the circle in front of my eyes and looked through. I can see the two circles while looking in the distance. And I am using both eyes and fusing the two images in the distance, that is good.

In the night, when my pupils are large, I notice that I have multiple images in my vision. In the day, when pupils are small, I have double vision. I think I am able to fuse the double images from my left and right eyes during the daytime (or at least one of the pairs). However it is harder in the evening when there are way too many images to account for.
It takes me a few tries before I can change back and forth; easily look through one image of the circle (one eye view) then look through the other image (other eyes view).

I think I remember that too about the eye not having to have unclear vision. Maybe its a brain hemisphere thing? One hemisphere dominant.

Multiple images can be the brain still working on the relaxation thing and also the hemisphere balance. Years of wearing glasses cause eye muscle tension, imbalance and can lead to some astigmatism but the brains function with eyes, muscles also gets goofed up.

After days, hours of using the computer, mainly when drawing graphics with Photoshop (it pulls on vertebrae C1, C2 which the chiropractor injured), later at night I will get those multiple images of a distant street light or the moon. Shifting with central-fixation helps but I have more, faster return to normal when do the shifting close and far with both eyes sand one eye time and extra practice with the eye that shows the most multiple thing.
I also shift, trace along the lines of the astigmatism chart

I saw someone place pictures on here in the past. I would like to make a animated picture of all the main Bates Method practices and insert on iblindness.
See my first here; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id91.html

It moves a bit too fast to start. Anyone know where to get a better animated picture creator?

Going to make another soon showing a man shifting on letters on the eyechart.
Here's a shifting animation and other examples; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id56.html

Practicing shifting=semi natural but does improve vision.
After practice= completely natural 'not practicing' often brings the clearest vision.

Got to redo the green house shifting picture; need to crop the main picture first, then make copies to keep the picture the same size for each new copy.

I love this forum! People here helped me learn how to improve website format, video, pictures...

Thanks to all!

Anyone know how to place images here.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now