MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
suggestions please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions please
Hi i have myopia and its around -5.75 in the left eye and -5.25 in the right eye. I came across Dr. Bates method a month ago and was very excited to try this method so that I could improve my eyesight and forget about my glasses forever since they are such a nuisance to me. I have been wearing them for 16 yrs now since the age of 12 and never knew it could be cured! Initially I practiced some eye exercises taught in yoga (though i really dont know if they work or no). Anyway, I didnt practice them for the whole day, just about an hr or so. The rest of the day consisted of Bates methods..I practiced shifting (seeing objects near, middle and far) with my left eye first and then with my right eye and finally both, palming for about 15 min in the afternoon and short palming anytime during the day, long swings, sunning, swaying (didn't try this much though). I always try to pay attention to my breathing as well as remind myself to relax my eyes and blink.

I never really bothered much to pay attention as to how blurry my vision was without putting on my glasses because I practically never took them off the whole day. But since last month I have not been putting my glasses except only when I use the computer. I have a copy of the original bates book and have read about palming, swinging. I tried my best to follow these methods and I have been doing them regularly every day, almost the whole day. I did notice some improvement in my eyes in the daylight and felt like I had some clear flashes. My night vision does not seem as good as my day vision but it seems to be a little better. I also practice with the classic Snellen chart. I have a question however. Whenever I look at the Snellen chart, I can see the top "E" quite clear at about 10 feet from my left eye and the letters "E" as well as "FP" from my right eye. The chart always looks blurred at first. Its when I relax and blink that i see what is written below (like the left eye sees FP a little better and maybe OZ instead of TOZ in the next and for the right eye, after blinking and relaxing, I see FP, TOZ, PDC and LPED better). Its been a month and I still feel like its the same situation with both the eyes whereas I thought that if the vision gets better, the lines that I see unclear now, would get clearer with time. I dont know where I could be going wrong in practicing the method. I wonder if I am doing them correctly.. for example when palming, I donot know if the black color I imagine is a perfect black.. or when doing the long swing, should I swing fast or slow?? I am finding it quite hard to understand the methods or maybe missing something..I dont really know.

I am really trying hard to cure my vision.. please help.. has anyone faced this situation? Or is it that my eyes not ready to release the strain yet? I am confused.. Everyday I imagine what my life would be like if I had no glasses. I would be so grateful if anyone could provide me some suggestions on how to improve.

Thanks a lot.
Hey Pallavi,

we had shortsighted and we hope for recovery too.
I was like you, I took off my glasses and trained for around years maybe months now.
I did tried eye exercising and bates method but it doesn't really works well.

But earlier on yesterday, I tried a method that recommend from my friend to YouTube, a guy introduced a chinese medical method of reducing the eye prescription. I tried it and it was like recommended from my friend, my eye got brighter and clearer, and really focus. Like the guy said on the video. Since I just started yesterday, I don't know if it's true if the method works.

Like what you said, it takes few second to get a picture cleared, it's like what the guy introduced on his video.
Maybe I copy his text for your question.

"People with high attention/conscious, things are brighter, people with mind drifting, things are dull"
"People with high attention/conscious, eyes are bright and shrine, everything looks clear."

He said if mind drifting makes thing blurred. Maybe you could try concentrate like imagine a person eyes, with emotion in front of you and then look at the snellen chart.
I am right in the same position as you - I am around 4.5 - 5 myopia and I'm trying the Bates method. Although I have not got any significant improvement (yet) I can give you one advise if it comes to palming. Which is a great thing for myopic people like me and you.

Do not try to see perfect black because it will occur on its own as you get better at it. And as you say, how the heck can you know how "perfect" your black colour is, right?

Instead, while palming, try to feel that strain in your eyes. At first it will be hard but then you will feel it. Somewhere around or behind your eyes, muscles tightened and very tensed.

Try to relax that muslces and as you will be capable of more and more relaxtion then you will have to transpose that state of relaxtion to the normal vision..

hopes that will help you

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download