MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates Method for OTHER TOPICS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Method for OTHER TOPICS
So what other "methods" do you know that are similar to the Bates Method, but for completely other topics? Let me share the ones I know:

Egoscue Method: Posture Therapy

According to the Egoscue Method, all chronic pain is due to improper posture. It is similar to the Bates Method in that it is a natural cure to the problem. Instead of braces or surgery, it recommends very simply exercises that take about 1 hour a day to perform. Other similarities to the Bates Method: just like 99% of people in the civilized world suffer from defective eyesight, 99% of people in the modern world suffer from improper posture. It is also similar in that it has become a "miracle cure" for many people. People who were basically on their way to major surgery have been completely cured by the Egoscue Method just as how people who were nearing complete blindness have been completely cured by the Bates Method. People have mentioned that posture is important for improving eyesight. Well, this book will teach you everything about correct posture, and how you can achieve it naturally.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-Health-Through-Motion/dp/0060924306/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383216074&sr=8-1&keywords=egoscue+method">http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-He ... cue+method</a><!-- m -->

I prefer the paperback instead of the Kindle version. The Kindle version had some typos.

Weston Price Method: Dental Health

Mr. Bates is amazing. He is an eye doctor who doesn't recommend glasses. It seems contradictory! What an honest man he must be to recommend a cheaper way to improve your health than a quick fix. I feel very blessed to have learned about the Bates Method. I was also happy to find someone who is exactly like Bates, but in a different profession: dental health!

Weston Price was a dentist that didn't recommend fillings, root canals, and other dental work. Like Bates, he believed tooth problems could be cured naturally. And like Bates, his work has been ignored because it is much more profitable to drill a cavity than suggest the patient improve his diet.

He was actually one of the founders of the American Dental Association if I remember correctly, but his work has been ignored. He wrote a very interesting book that basically proved that dental problems were due to bad diet. In his book, he came to these conclusions:

99% of people in the civilized world suffer from dental problems
Almost 0% of people in the primitive world suffer from dental problems (just like almost 0% of people in the primitive world suffer from eye problems!)

Basically, eating raw fish liver (you should probably take a supplement for this, it is much easier) and/or drinking grassfed milk will keep your teeth healthy. These things strengthen the teeth so much that nothing can wear them away.

This is Weston Price's book, which I don't recommend you use to improve your tooth health:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physical-Degeneration-Weston-Price/dp/0916764206/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383216666&sr=8-1&keywords=weston+price">http://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physica ... ston+price</a><!-- m -->

It is very long and technical. Instead, I recommend this book (the Kindle version is excellent):

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay-Cavities-Nutrition/dp/1434810607/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383216696&sr=8-1&keywords=cure+tooth+decay">http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay- ... ooth+decay</a><!-- m -->

In this book, it actually goes beyond Price's original work and makes some improvements. It is also much easier to get started. Also, it can relate to your eye health as well. After reading this book, you may be interested in removing your mercury fillings. One of the symptoms of mercury poisoning is defective eyesight. Most people who remove their mercury fillings feel a great sense of relaxation in their body. I have read a forum post (on a different forum) from someone who said his vision improved to 20/20 overnight after removing his mercury fillings.

So, what other methods do you know? I am very interested to learn!
Thanks!

Will use this for my neck and other injuries.

The dental book; does it say anything about magnesium?
I used to take it in pill form and it didn't work but since taking it on the skin as Epsom Salts water or cream its been over a year and no cavities.

Have you read anything about this? What about placing a few grains of Epsom Salts directly on the teeth, let dissolve?

What's a good supplement that actually works. All nutrients for teeth combined in one. Calcium pills cause deposits on bones, joints, kidneys, in the heart... so I think the primitive cultures natural way of obtaining calcium is best. Wish could get that natural milk. Closest I get is Greek yogurt. It;s hard to find a true, effective brand.
I don't remember a mention of magnesium or Epson Salts in the book.

The best supplement for the teeth that I found I got from the book (Cure Tooth Decay) is here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/ButterCodLiverBlend/index.cfm">http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Prod ... /index.cfm</a><!-- m -->

I take the non-flavored gel, 1/2 teaspoon three times a day. This supplement is great because it contains the Vitamin A, D, and Activator X needed to ensure healthy teeth and body.

Basically Weston Price found that when the body gets adequate nutrients from Vitamin A and D (from high quality cod liver oil), and something he calls Activator X (from high quality dairy), the teeth are strengthened so much that nothing can hurt them from the outside. The primitive people he studied never even cleaned their teeth, but they had bright white, perfectly straight, cavity free teeth. The primitive Swiss he studied did nothing but drink milk and eat cheese all day long. Their cows ate thick, green grass. Dairy was the staple of their diet, and they had perfect teeth and bodies.

He found that when he gave kids one meal a day full of these rich nutrients (from sources like grassfed milk, liver, etc.), that even when he let them eat whatever they wanted for the rest of the day they never got cavities. He proved multiple times that cavities can heal, which is something dentists say is impossible. Sounds familiar, since optometrists say vision cannot heal Smile

Natural milk is hard to find. The best is raw, 100% grassfed, organic milk. You usually have to go to the farm to get that stuff, and sometimes they are forced to label it as pet food! Recently Whole Foods Market has started selling Organic Valley Whole Grassmilk. It is pasteurized, so it will lose some of the nutrients. But from Cure Tooth Decay I learned that although pasteurization destroys many of the important nutrients from raw milk, it does not effect the Activator X in the milk, which is the nutrient that prevents cavities and strengthens teeth. This milk is the best I could find and is what I use.

Edit: Lots of links in this thread. Just want to make it clear that none of them are affiliate links and I make nothing from you clicking/buying from them. I just want to help other Bates Method followers since they have helped me so much ;D
Wow!

Thank you very much!

Love this topic.
You're welcome! ;D

I am really addicted to finding and using natural methods, for everything! At the very least, natural methods/cures always have an optimistic tone to them. "Modern Science" tends to have a negative tone to many things. "Cartilage can never rebuild." "Vision can never heal." "Cavities can never remineralize." Shame on you, Science!

One of my favorite quotes: "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is true." -Pete Egoscue
Do you know anything about rebuilding cartilage?!!

My neck was broken by a chiropractor.

I had some success with Physical Therapy and drinking apple cider vinegar (raw, organic with mother) but burns stomach; so place it on the broken joints...

Would like a faster solution. Tried the glucosamine but it seems to make things worse; shooting pins down arms, sound like grinding sand in neck and weird vision.

Any ideas on other natural cartilage rebuilding?

Clark
After using the Egoscue method, I firmly believe that cartilage will repair naturally if the body is in correct alignment.

According to Egoscue, cartilage wear-down is due to improper posture and movement. When the body is out of alignment, the cartilage is destroyed faster than it is rebuilt. Many modern doctors will look at this and think that it means cartilage does not rebuild, but Egoscue has stated that he has seen it rebuild many times when people use his exercises.

I have read three of Egoscue's books, and he shares stories of healing people with all different kinds of injuries, including "normal" pains from getting older (which are not normal at all after you read his book!), accidents, and medical malpractice. From my experience with Egoscue, if he was treating you himself (many call him a genius), the first thing he would assume with your neck problem is that your head is too far forward. Keep in mind that he will not recommend you force yourself to stand up straight, but he will prescribe exercises specific to helping your body realign naturally.

The first book I posted, The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion: Revolutionary Program That Lets You Rediscover the Body's Power to Rejuvenate It (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-Health-Through-Motion/dp/0060924306/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383576840&sr=8-1&keywords=egoscue">http://www.amazon.com/Egoscue-Method-He ... ds=egoscue</a><!-- m -->) I feel is more geared to people who want to improve their overall health and learn about proper posture and movement.

This book, Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic Pain (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Revolutionary-Stopping-Chronic/dp/0553379887/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383577147&sr=8-2&keywords=egoscue">http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Revolut ... ds=egoscue</a><!-- m -->) is for people who have specific pains that they want to address. There is everything, for ever part of the body, from the foot, ankle, neck, head, shoulders, back, knees, etc. I also love it because it is so quick to get started - Egoscue has a "quick start guide" in the book for those who want to get started with eliminating their pain right away. clarknight, I definitely recommend this book for your neck pain, I think it could be a miracle cure!
Thank you panda,

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now