MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
I am a 22 year old pilot and aerospace engineer with vision around 20/400 and a naturally inclincation to move that figure north.  I have been aware of the Bates method for a couple of years but have only dabbled with the techniques.  Mainly, I have tried swinging exercises, palming, and not wearing my corrective lenses.  For a period of two weeks I did not wear any lenses at all, but at the end of the period I had achieved no improvement.  Also, "swinging" seems to only make my eyes more tense.  A noticeable vision pattern of mine is that my vision is clearer in the morning and becomes more strained as the day goes on.  I find palming relaxing but not beneficial to my vision, with the exception of one instance that I have been trying to recreate.  During this palming session my visual field became "blacker" and I experienced the clearest mental images I have ever "seen" with my mind.  It was as if I was actually looking at the 3D object.  All of this was coupled with a happy or euphoric feeling  Immediatley after this experience my vision was more relaxed and contrast sensitivity was greatly increased.  Acuity probably received a small boost as well, but I did not test it.  I truly believe my poor vision, either all or in part, is caused by chronic tension, but I am having trouble improving it.  I presume the palming experience is on the right track to recovery...anybody have any insight into proper palming?   
Palm while in bright sun light. Don't press to hard over the face, leave some space somewhere for air to flow through so pressure doesn't build up and cause worser visions after palming. And most importantly, don't think, just do it. Relax and try not to strain the eye muscles by force focusing. If you're real serious, avoid close up activities as much as possible. I find computers to be the most cause for vision loss in my opinion.

I also find my sight a bit clearer during morning from sleep, most likely because of total relaxation. Anyway, good luck in your exercises.
Hi Realms,

Palming basically is a form of meditation. Meditation itself doesn't necessarily improve vision, but when you cover your eyes with your hands and remember colors and objects it turns into something that does specifically relax and "turn on" vision.

The pattern of the day that you describe is very common for people with poor vision - your vision being better in the morning and worse throughout the day as you use your eyes. The way you use them isn't right, so as you've inferred, continued misuse does make your vision worse, time and time again.

One tip for palming is first of all to do so in a position that's comfortable to you, whether it involves a table, a chair, or anything else you need to get yourself into a position where you can breathe fully and easily and can maintain for a while. Even lying on your back is good, but when I do it for a long time I tend to go beyond palming and start drifting off to sleep. But being as my elbows are in the air as I cover my eyes, it's easy to tell when that starts to happen.

Moderation note -
I've removed the last several posts in this topic. If anyone has disagreements, please be constructive in your criticism instead of insulting other posters, as well as disrespecting me and this forum by turning it into a battleground. I encourage you to reconsider what you wish you communicate and repost it. Thanks!

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi,
I have a question related to vision changes over the course of a day.
I often wake up with blurry vision, so my vision starts off bad after waking up.
It usually improves slightly during the day.
Any ideas what's happening there?

If I don't go outside in the morning after waking up, my vision gets worse.
Any tips?
Big Grin
This happens to many peoiple, including myself. The reason is that your mind and therefore eyes remain under strain while you are asleep.

You may have thought that your body and mind should relax automatically when you are sleeping, but the truth is that your body and especially mind mostly keeps the same (strained) state as when you were going to sleep.

Dr. Bates recommends to make long swings just before you go to bed and right after you wake up.

To Dave: I respectfully disagree with you accusing me in insulting somebody. I just pointed out that a guy's advice was nonsense, and advised sincerely to read Dr. Bates book. I didn't call him names or anything personal.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download