MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
sunning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sunning
anyone here doing direct or indirect(eyelids) sunning ? what are your experiences with them?
I'm sunning when I got the time and it isn't cloudy. I really enjoy the experience, especially when I
notice the big burning ball in the sky. After sunning, the point at which I am looking and a bit around it gets colored for a small period(15-30 min). While I can't say it has helped me improve eyesight it hasn't worsened it either. That's probably because I haven't been doing it regularly.
I found a useful article on direct sunning (sungazing) a while ago. Tried it and it helped my eyes from the first time I tried it. Then unfortunately I got sick and also went on a long trip so I haven't had the opportunities to do everything I needed to do.
The article on sungazing I read mentioned:

Receive sunlight only in the morning or evening hours
1-hour after sunrise or 1-hr before sunset. It is
proven beyond a reasonable doubt that at these times
one is free from UV and IR rays exposure. The UV
index remains at 2 all through out winter. Best times
to take sunbath other than winter times are the
2-hours window before sunset and/or after sunrise.
Gazing has the added advantage that you get vitamin A
and D during the 1-hour window. Vitamin A is
necessary for the health of the eye, the only vitamin
that the eye requires. If you gaze, the spectacles
and the associated power in the eye will go away.
This is better eyesight without glasses. It is safe
to gaze during the one-hour period of sunrise and
sunset or during winter when the intensity is less.

From <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=705932">http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=705932</a><!-- m -->

Aside from that, I have been doing indirect sunning for 5-10 minutes each time, then followed by palming for 5-10 minutes, alternately.
While doing sunning with eyelids closed, I turn my head slowly nearly 180 degrees (may take 10-20 sec each direction). In  the process of sunning, I visualize:

-An enjoyable, relaxing memory such as watching the glittering waters and crashing waves near the sandy beaches on a sunlit, warm day;
-Standing besides a long wooden bridge, water is running under the bridge. It is the peaceful lands of ancient Greece. Sunny, dry, windy, near-cloudless...
I take a glimpse at the noon sky, and every star is clearly visible. I can see the small sharp dots residing within star clusters, in addition to the stars of all the constellations and anything else up there.

Thinking about these things while indirect sunning brings an incredible sense of relaxation.

Then I start palming, and use a 'black globe' palming technique.

-I picture I am seeing a background as black as it can be, then I imagine a very black globe or ball, pictured against that background. (to help myself achieve this effect, I think of the Death Star from the fictional Star Wars universe, as being as black as a black hole)

-The globe will be blacker than the background.

-I let go of the background and the Black Globe spreads out until it becomes the background itself.

-I picture a new black globe, even blacker, on the new background.

-Then I let the globe expand itself again.

-I repeat over and over until I get a background so black I cannot imagine a globe any blacker.

After doing those techniques, I notice improvements. I also find that this seems to work better for me when it's warmer outside, such as in the summertime. I enjoy alternating sunning / palming, but one has to be very patient and free from worry or doubt when doing them to obtain maximum benefits.
Usually when people say sunning they mean with closed eyes. That's what it was originally meant as, but now it's used interchangeably with sungazing, which of course is with open eyes.

Sungazing is great too, but it's the one thing connected to the Bates method that can potentially be dangerous, because the sun is so powerful. The risk of any eye damage is greatly minimized by doing so within an hour of sunrise or sunset like Minesweeper quoted. During the winter the window is bigger because the sun's low. So just to be clear, it's a "do at your own risk" thing, ie: no complaining if you hurt yourself! (that should go without saying)

I was doing it for several months a couple years back but it wasn't convenient where I was and didn't want people staring at me. Nowadays I have to at least glance at the sun a little bit almost every day, at noontime or whatever, or else my eyes bother me after a few days of not doing so.

In the old days it wasn't such crazy talk:
"Sweet also [is] the light, And good for the eyes to see the sun. " - Ecclesiates 11

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Ironic, I was about to post up my experiences with sunning. Anyway I just tried sunning today with a bit of palming before, and it works. And they're right about morning hours, I see way better during that time. I actually had a clear flash from sunning for about 10-20 seconds. Saw words that were about 20/70 - 20/100 about 50 feet away. I did the same thing what Minesweeper just described. I do a bit of palming, with a bit of long swinging, then some sunning, and switch around randomly.
Sometimes, 'black globe' palming technique doesn't work for me. When that happens, I conjure the image of spilling black ink. That does the trick, usually. Just wanted to add.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now