MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What is your strategy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your strategy?
I'm curious as to what strategies and exercises everyone is trying, as well as what schedules everyone has made for themselves and where they see the most progress.  Also, how long have you been at it, and how much improvement have you noticed?  And what vision did you start with and what has it improved to?

I'm only starting this, but my strategy will be to use plus lenses for close work.  Also, I will try palming whenever my eyes feel strained, and lots of anti-staring during my long walks to, from, and in-between classes.  Also, when I wake up, I will try some palming and swinging. 

My measured vision is consistently around 20/100, although my minus prescription is -3L -3.5R.  I plan on starting a journal tonight to keep track of my vision so that it's easier to see improvement and also motivation for the future if I need it.

Noah
Dear Noah,

In general, I would suggest doing as much checking of
the various concepts expressed here and elsewhere.

I have been told (by majority-opinion ODs and MDs) that
prevention was IMPOSSIBLE that I got tired of hearing it.

If they said "very difficult" -- I would agree.

The real "engineering" test for me is to simply ask
the question, "...what would happen if I put a
-3 diopter lens on a population of natural eyes
(refractive STATE) zero to +1/2 diopter.

Would the refractive state follow the minus, or
would it not.  (Engineering-science question).

A simulation of the result can be found here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vision.berkeley.edu/wildsoet/myopiaprimer.html">http://vision.berkeley.edu/wildsoet/myopiaprimer.html</a><!-- m -->

as the "blue-tint" eye.

If you believe this blue-tint model is correct, then
your strategy would be to get the eye's refractive
STATE to "follow" the "ending" of your near
environment with a plus lens.

But it is certainly not easy.

Bates said that if your Snellen is 20/70, and
you begin wearing a full strength minus (as
you have been doing) your visual acuity
will go rapidly to 20/200.

He was not far from the scientific truth -- and
I believe that the blue-tint model proves his
point.

This still leaves you at 20/100, but with hope
of clearing your vision -- and I hope you succeed.

Oh, and one more fact.  At BOTH West Point and
Annapolis, the refractive STATE of of these
students moves DOWN at a rate of -1/3 diopter
PER YEAR, or -1.3 diopters in 4 years AVERAGE.

So any clearing you achieve will have beaten
these "odds".

I always like to "face facts" -- and as an
engineer you understand the reasons for that.

We all wish you all success with your engineering
and scientific efforts.

Best,

Otis

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now