Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vision For Life
Oleg - I get Dave's point. He is not asking you if you believe in innovation or progress, but rather trying to explain why people go after Vision or Life or a commercialized brand and don't look into Bates right away. There is a cultural relevance in play - people in America look at the hierarchy of facts and their initial reaction is usually that whatever is new must be updated, and therefore better, than any of its predecessors. So, people in America need to understand why a new technique is not as efficient as the original, and why they should do what was originally suggested 80 years ago. In the case of the moist warm towel technique Azula was asking about, you did not answer the question directly but waved it aside and your answer seemed to carry the tone of "you should know better about this. this is the real thing. it doesn't need anything further." so Dave felt the need to show the cultural relevance of why people wouldn't readily embrace the idea of something 80 years ago being better than a "refined, contemporary" package (from their perspective). You cannot simply force your opinion on people (especially Americans). The cultural mindset/influence, deceiving as it may be, is too strong on Americans that any updated package/product is better than anything 80 years ago, so you'll need to take extra steps to clarify your reasons for not agreeing with a product or technique before slamming it. There may be relevances between the people of your country and here, I used to have a good Ukrainian friend from Kiev (who was a foreign exchange student) and she told me about her country. The cultural mindset didn't sound quite the same as American culture, even though Ukraine is a rapidly growing country. It sounded like they were more receptive to changes and other possibilities, as reflected in my friend herself. Maybe it's just herself and her point of view and you have a different view on things. Also, I just read this on a website that "a cultural dichotomy today exists within Ukraine, with western regions reflecting European, especially Polish, influence, while in the eastern regions the impact of Russian culture is evident." You have a different major cultures there dividing the western and eastern regions, so it seems like different culture mindsets are likely. Remember, diplomacy. It makes the world go rooooooound. We're getting off topic here, though. I already answered Azula's question directly so I have nothing else to say on the topic.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Vision For Life - by Azula - 01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by Oleg K. - 01-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Re: Vision For Life - by Minesweeper - 01-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Re: Vision For Life - by Azula - 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by Oleg K. - 01-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Re: Vision For Life - by David - 01-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by Minesweeper - 01-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by Oleg K. - 01-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by David - 01-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Re: Vision For Life - by Oleg K. - 01-21-2007, 01:05 AM