MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
An Experience With Memory Relieving Pain

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Experience With Memory Relieving Pain
I had quite an interesting experience with the relieving of pain by memory today, so I thought I'd post it here.

This morning, while eating breakfast, I accidentally bit my tongue. It hurt a lot, and I immediately rushed to a mirror. My tongue looked fine, except for some bleeding, but what bothered me the most was the pain. Recalling what Bates had written about memory relieving pain, I decided to give it a try, since I had nothing better to do. I tried my best to remember the color black, which luckily, was not hard, for I had just woken up(that's when I feel most relaxed). Miraculously, after a few seconds, the pain ceased abruptly.

What I found interesting was that the process of the pain stopping was quite similar to that of muscles relaxing. From my experience, when a straining muscle relaxes, it does not completely relax all at the same time. First only a part of it relaxes, and after about a second or so, the rest of the muscle relaxes completely. It was about the same matter with my tongue. At first, the middle of the wound stopped hurting, and then the rest of the wound also stopped hurting. I could actually feel the non-pain spreading throughout the wound.

Anyone else have some similar experiences to share?
Yes! Fighting the pain is resistance, straining, making the muscles tense. This is just like straining against the blur in eyesight improvement. Relax and notice, and just let it be as it is, and often it will start to clear on its own. Any clearing or relaxing technique like EFT facilitates this even more, getting the energy moving instead of leaving it stuck. It's great that you could do this for yourself. Good work!
One night I was sick and couldn't sleep. I visualized running on a nearby track, moving easily, and being able to breathe smoothly and easily. After a very short time of intense focus I lost it but realized I was breathing through my nose that had been blocked by inflamed sinuses, my nose wasn't running anymore, and I didn't feel nauseous. The nausea subsiding sounds plausible, right? I mean, someone might buy that I felt less nauseous than before by tricking my mind somehow. As far as the sinusitis, I don't know. But the runny nose is caused by the body trying to expel the virus. So it no longer had to? It made no sense and was the funniest thing ever. Anyway, I was able to go to sleep after that.

We don't give our mind enough credit. It's that sustained focused intention, and the steady belief with no hint of doubt. The amazing technology that people have developed is a result of focused minds of people who know they can find a way. Computers didn't just pop out of nowhere. There are rules. But when you think about it, modifying the actions of your body is a relatively simple task. For that matter, we don't give our body enough credit either. Countless things going wrong by chance inside the body could cause mayhem every single day, and yet it takes care of everything in one way or another. The body is already talking to different parts of itself, making repairs, making sure everything works together. If you step in with a vivid set of instructions representing what you want, do you really think your body can ignore it?

And yes, I had to rely on spellcheck for the word 'nauseous'. Some words, man...
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
(12-27-2013, 12:12 AM)David Wrote: One night I was sick and couldn't sleep. I visualized running on a nearby track, moving easily, and being able to breathe smoothly and easily. After a very short time of intense focus I lost it but realized I was breathing through my nose that had been blocked by inflamed sinuses, my nose wasn't running anymore, and I didn't feel nauseous. The nausea subsiding sounds plausible, right? I mean, someone might buy that I felt less nauseous than before by tricking my mind somehow. As far as the sinusitis, I don't know. But the runny nose is caused by the body trying to expel the virus. So it no longer had to? It made no sense and was the funniest thing ever. Anyway, I was able to go to sleep after that.

We don't give our mind enough credit. It's that sustained focused intention, and the steady belief with no hint of doubt. The amazing technology that people have developed is a result of focused minds of people who know they can find a way. Computers didn't just pop out of nowhere. There are rules. But when you think about it, modifying the actions of your body is a relatively simple task. For that matter, we don't give our body enough credit either. Countless things going wrong by chance inside the body could cause mayhem every single day, and yet it takes care of everything in one way or another. The body is already talking to different parts of itself, making repairs, making sure everything works together. If you step in with a vivid set of instructions representing what you want, do you really think your body can ignore it?

And yes, I had to rely on spellcheck for the word 'nauseous'. Some words, man...

Palming and all other types of relaxation has been having profound effects on my body recently. Today morning I had a sore throat and my head felt heavy. I palmed for a while and I felt quite better and the discomfort subsided a bit. Although I was still sick with a sore throat, but I was able to go through my daily routine without feeling tired. If it were not for the Bates method, I'm sure I'd already have broken down by noon. I also found that I have become much more resistant to cold temperatures than past winters. I didn't need to wear as much clothes as I used to, and I rarely shivered.

P.S Strictly speaking, the correct word is "nauseated."

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now