MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
central fixation help?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
central fixation help?
is there a way to practice central fixation step by step?? i don't seem to grasp it well
(12-18-2013, 12:12 PM)eyes87 Wrote: is there a way to practice central fixation step by step?? i don't seem to grasp it well

What is it specifically, that you don't grasp? In order to get help, please detail what and where you have read about central fixation, and what you have practiced.
Hello,
I read about it here, I read the David's method, and I read about it in several other websites.. I look over the E in the eye chart, I shift over the edges of the E...my problem is that when I try to look at a small detail, I keep seeing the rest of the letter, I read that when we see a smaller detail, it should be clear and the rest of the letter should be blurry, but I see the whole letter blurry...I end up squinting to see, and I know this is wrong, I'm not sure what I'm missing here Sad English is not my first language so sometimes I find it a little hard to understand everything I'm reading
Thank you.
(12-20-2013, 05:11 AM)eyes87 Wrote: Hello,
I read about it here, I read the David's method, and I read about it in several other websites.. I look over the E in the eye chart, I shift over the edges of the E...my problem is that when I try to look at a small detail, I keep seeing the rest of the letter, I read that when we see a smaller detail, it should be clear and the rest of the letter should be blurry, but I see the whole letter blurry...I end up squinting to see, and I know this is wrong, I'm not sure what I'm missing here Sad English is not my first language so sometimes I find it a little hard to understand everything I'm reading
Thank you.

You can't really practice central fixation. It's much better to just notice it. Whatever you try to do to practice will likely wind up making you strain, trying to force part of a letter to be darker than the rest, for example. Just notice, maybe with large objects first, that where you are directly looking is clearest and where you are not directly looking is less clear. That's it! If you observe this, you're doing it. Next narrow the distance between what you're directly looking at and what's in the periphery, which will be less clear. You can start with letters on the opposite sides of the eye chart, the one "not regarded" (in Bates language) being less clear, gradually working your way toward doing this with smaller adjacent letters.

Is that clear? Keep asking if you're still confused.
Thank you so much, this sounds easier than I thought.. I'll be trying to do that Big Grin

(12-20-2013, 04:58 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 05:11 AM)eyes87 Wrote: Hello,
Thank you.

You can't really practice central fixation. It's much better to just notice it. Whatever you try to do to practice will likely wind up making you strain, trying to force part of a letter to be darker than the rest, for example. Just notice, maybe with large objects first, that where you are directly looking is clearest and where you are not directly looking is less clear. That's it! If you observe this, you're doing it. Next narrow the distance between what you're directly looking at and what's in the periphery, which will be less clear. You can start with letters on the opposite sides of the eye chart, the one "not regarded" (in Bates language) being less clear, gradually working your way toward doing this with smaller adjacent letters.

Is that clear? Keep asking if you're still confused.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download