MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
clear flash, an activity or just a result?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clear flash, an activity or just a result?
When I look at the outside line of an object usually I get a sharper vision, especially if there is good light and also good contrast between the object color and the background.

I'm wondering if that an activity that can help me if I spend a few minutes with it everyday or it's just a result from the other work?
Putting your visual attention on a smaller area, like the edge of an object rather than the entire object, is good. Central fixation, noticing smaller and smaller details, leads to clearer vision
(02-24-2014, 01:53 PM)haller Wrote: When I look at the outside line of an object usually I get a sharper vision, especially if there is good light and also good contrast between the object color and the background.

I'm wondering if that an activity that can help me if I spend a few minutes with it everyday or it's just a result from the other work?

Nancy's right, it can help put your attention on a smaller area. Many objects don't have a lot of detail, and using the edges helps stimulate more contrasts across the retina to better stimulate receptor cells. Remember Bates said that most strain when trying to look directly at letters, and suggested looking at the white spaces between the lines and letters in order to reduce unconscious effort. People with normal sight rarely look directly at letters, their eyes unconsciously avoiding the attempt to look at any particular spot for more than a split second.
Thanks Arocarty; this is one of the best descriptions for reading, seeing. Like the eye dodging?
You guys described it in a way that people can understand.

I read that the black ink does not stimulate the retina, or only somewhat. That the white or a other color keeps the cones, rods completely active. And shifting, so not to make a effort-stare also keeps the retina active.
When the eye is immobile, staying on one part of a object it uses up some chemical..? in that spot on the retina, so; to restart the cones, rods chemical... light function in that area (it occurs very fast), the eye must move, thus moving the rays of light upon the eye so its not 'kind of' burnt out in one area.
Or maybe this is a sunlight thing subject. Not sure where I learned this.

I practice shifting on a fine print letter but I notice that only goes so far in bringing in the clarity; to read I MUST let the eyes do their own thing, jump around on the print, then away from it onto the white around or inside a letter. The white brings relaxation; no effort to see anything.

If the black is not stimulating the cones in the macula, fovea, then the eye must jump to the white to keep the cones active. (the cones need light, and white is similar, much more than black light)

What kind of machine would be used to make a movie of the eyes movement upon sentences, objects?
Like Yarbus did; https://www.google.com/search?q=alfred+y...NI_enUS539

Note in some of his reading pictures that the eye seems to skip over letters. Maybe this is it moving on the white? https://www.google.com/search?q=yarbus&r...s&tbm=isch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_tracker
(02-25-2014, 06:50 AM)clarknight Wrote: Thanks Arocarty; this is one of the best descriptions for reading, seeing. Like the eye dodging?
You guys described it in a way that people can understand.

I read that the black ink does not stimulate the retina, or only somewhat. That the white or a other color keeps the cones, rods completely active. And shifting, so not to make a effort-stare also keeps the retina active.
When the eye is immobile, staying on one part of a object it uses up some chemical..? in that spot on the retina, so; to restart the cones, rods chemical... light function in that area (it occurs very fast), the eye must move, thus moving the rays of light upon the eye so its not 'kind of' burnt out in one area.
Or maybe this is a sunlight thing subject. Not sure where I learned this.

I practice shifting on a fine print letter but I notice that only goes so far in bringing in the clarity; to read I MUST let the eyes do their own thing, jump around on the print, then away from it onto the white around or inside a letter. The white brings relaxation; no effort to see anything.

If the black is not stimulating the cones in the macula, fovea, then the eye must jump to the white to keep the cones active. (the cones need light, and white is similar, much more than black light)

What kind of machine would be used to make a movie of the eyes movement upon sentences, objects?
Like Yarbus did; https://www.google.com/search?q=alfred+y...NI_enUS539

Note in some of his reading pictures that the eye seems to skip over letters. Maybe this is it moving on the white? https://www.google.com/search?q=yarbus&r...s&tbm=isch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_tracker
Mary, since you seem to like these technical details (I just want to know what to do to see more clearly, and to help my students do so!), you may be talking about "visual purple" which I remember learning about in elementary school. Google it and see if it's interesting to you.
Yeah, visual purple. It's mentioned in my book, website in the night vision section; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id19.html I learned it in elementary but studied it more as got into the Bates Method. Natural Vision teacher Thomas Quackenbush describes it well; http://www.amazon.com/Relearning-See-Imp...1556433417 Just type in visual purple in the search inside tool.
Functions when light turns to dark, dark to light. Alternating sunning and palming improves it's function. So do bilberry berries.
The visual purple has a function when light changes and I have heard of something else too, something about the retina being less responsive, less energy signals moving, less in the cones, rods, nerves when the eyes stare, try to see. The whole retina becomes less active. Kinda duhhhh.
The part of the retina that's getting the light rays from the part of the object the eyes are staring at; no light moving on that part (and all parts) = the retina is less active, and possibly that part more so, it has to spend more time 'retooling' when the eyes move again. I read about some kind of too much 'immobile, concentrated' light thing that occurs in the retina when staring. It like shuts things off until movement recurs. Maybe was a cells in the cones, rods... burning out, then new replenishing thing? Where the heck did I see this thing. As I ramble, more and more is being remembered but got to get back to work.

Every shift of the eyes causes a slight blur. It's not seen when the vision is clear, mind, eyes relaxed.
But; when the eye needs vision improvement, is tense; a shift from one object to another or part of a object to another part or from one distance to another can show a temporary blur as the eyes, muscles readjust, recalibrate to-for the new object, distance. Lens adjustment also joins in.

Nancy; if you prefer to not read my in depth stuff, I won't be offended if you ignore my questions. No biggie, we're buddies. Just reply to the things you like. I am interested in everyone's reply's, topics even if it's not referring to my ideas, I still read and it gets me thinking. I have grown here on ib, reading, discussing for a few years. I got to learn from a variety of people. One brain can't do it all.
Mary, yes, sometimes I do skim your posts if they're wordy, but I know others may be very interested. One brain does not know everything! I answered your visual purple question because I thought it was something you wanted to know that I was pretty sure I did. That's all. If someone asks something here and I think I can help, whether it's you or a newbie, I'll give my best answer if I think it will help. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Found part answer to the question in a new book I just bought! It's old. Written by a daughter of a lady that may have trained directly with Dr. Bates!

Pictures show how to do it;

Some nice old shifting direction. There is a lot more in her book. Here's her name and book title; Seeing Without Glasses by Dr. Emery C. Ingham. Maybe has free book on Googlebooks or Look Inside on Amazon so you can read more.

Here's her picture and intro about her mother and Dr. Bates;

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download