MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Is my current plan good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my current plan good?
Hi.

I've been doing Leo Anggart's twist on the Bates method and after around 2 years of minimal improvement, I decided to try non-fluff techniques. I was originally at -3.5 diopters but based on my latest checkup I'm now at -3.0 diopters. #YayProgress

I have asked helped from other users such as Aethersky, 2xtreme2fit and arocarty and these are the things I'm going to incorporate everyday in order to help improve my vision.

0. Get glasses that are 20/40. (I originally used -2 diopter glasses but I was adviced to use 20/40 glasses instead). I checked this with my eyechart (3 meters away as the chart suggested)
1. Use a -1.0 glasses when working with computers (16 hours more or less). Put the monitor close enough where the text is slightly blurry then move the monitor farther as my vision improves then repeat without glasses.
2. Performing open/closed sunning whenever possible (via real sun or imagination)
3. Palm whenever eyes feel stressed/tired
4. Blink when switching from far to near and near to far objects
5. Blink whenever possible
6. Try reading fine print without glasses during bathroom breaks/doing nothing
7. Practice blinking between letters on my eye chart and doing eye swings on the line that I can't read (look left then right on the line multiple times then blink between letters).
8. Use eyeleo to remind myself to take eye breaks every 15 and 30 minutes.
9. Try to be more observant while outside (driving, walking around)

Is my current plan good?
note when you put the print when its slightly blurried using an undercorrection, you will notice a slight "tinging" sensation and you need to feel your eyes working. blink alot and try to actively clear the image (without doing these progress will be slow). Also make sure its only a SLIGHT blur, too much blur and there will be no progress (also no progress if you not active try to make an effort to focus on the image). It takes HARD work and patience to reverse axial myopia.

Also just to be clear, I am NOT against bates. Doing the bates method will be very helpful for relaxating your eyes. Just be very careful of near point strain and not using your distances glassse for close work.

again make sure to have patience because it will be a very very very slow journey
What do you mean by tinging sensation? Is it like that feeling when you look at a blurred text and then when you blink or slightly stare at it, your eye moves on its own and the text clears up especially if you blink?
it's hard to describe, but when you read text at the blur point, you will feel a slight "positive stimulus" or even some slight discomfort. Thats good because your eyes are responding to a positive stimulus
just make sure to blink alot and read with a slight blur ( i can't emphasize that enough)

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now