MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can this not work for me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can this not work for me?
Hello people,
I can't describe how sad I'm feeling, I've been trying to improve my vision since December 2013, this is my everyday schedule:
-I do the long swing 50 times a day.
-I do central fixation and shifting on the eye chart for 15 minutes.
-I do palming while shifting on the chart.
-I palm when I'm very stressed while using the computer.
-i stopped wearing glasses, only for driving and for nececassry work, I use reduced prescription glasses.

but until now, I see no progress in any way, I feel very frustrated and it seems I'm going for lasik or prk..I'm very fightened and don't know what to do? can the bates method not work for some people or i'm doing something wrong? any advice. Please help SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
what is your prescription and visual acuity?
i highly recommend you NOT go for lasik.

vision improvement depends on these key factors
1) eliminate ALL close work (by relaxing accommodation)
2) do all work at "edge of blur"
3) practice shifting and central fixation on distance object or blurry object for at least 1hour a day (perferably more)

that's all there is too it. Palming, swings, etc are good but filler.
Its very clear why you are making no progress. the reason you got nearsighted in the first place is because you did hours of close work/using the computer a day and you have not stopped doing that. you need to use the computer at you "edge of blur". There should be NO nearpoint stress on your eyes.

Also note beware of the user "clarknight". she is delusional and obsessed with ONLY the bates method. Obviously you saw for yourself using ONLY the bates method does not work. so you should try incorporating bates with other techniques.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply...
My prescription is -2.75, one optometrist told me I'm -3.25 but I didn't change my prescription because I thought that was exaggerated from him!

I need to ask you about the "edge of blur", what do you exactly mean by that? can you please explain that more. I work as a programmer and I do alot of work on the computer. Can you tell me more about your experience with vision improvement? I'll be very thankful.
And another question, why do you highly not recommend laser? I'm already afraid of it and I need advice.
Thank you loads Shy

(03-08-2014, 12:46 PM)Aethersky Wrote: what is your prescription and visual acuity?
i highly recommend you NOT go for lasik.

vision improvement depends on these key factors
1) eliminate ALL close work (by relaxing accommodation)
2) do all work at "edge of blur"
3) practice shifting and central fixation on distance object or blurry object for at least 1hour a day (perferably more)

that's all there is too it. Palming, swings, etc are good but filler.
Its very clear why you are making no progress. the reason you got nearsighted in the first place is because you did hours of close work/using the computer a day and you have not stopped doing that. you need to use the computer at you "edge of blur". There should be NO nearpoint stress on your eyes.

Also note beware of the user "clarknight". she is delusional and obsessed with ONLY the bates method. Obviously you saw for yourself using ONLY the bates method does not work. so you should try incorporating bates with other techniques.
I've been seriously involved in natural vision improvement since October 2012. It's been a lot of time, a lot of experimentation, and a lot of persistence, but its' been worth it. It becomes a lifestyle, and one of those things that it doesn't matter how long it takes, you are going to get there, because now you know how to relax a lot more than you knew previously, you are more composed, you think better, you just feel freer all around.

As far as actually seeing improvements, you haven't seen anything whatsoever? Not even a tiny bit for a second? I bet you have, but just shucked it off as "not enough" or something. Also, when you are doing those techniques, are you fully involved in what you are doing, are you immersed in it, or is your mind half into it?

People like to hear detailed explanations on how you are doing your techniques exactly, because small things you are doing, with you mind or body, can have large impacts and hinder you in ways that are hardly detectable, at least at first.
hi eyes87

your prescription of about -3D means that everything about 1/3m is slightly blurry (loses detail). You need to do ALL close work BEYOND 1/3m without glasses. and actively try to focus on the words and increase the distance every day. I explained this in my other posts. Also you should do alot of shifting in the distance.

Like you i had no success from ONLY using bates. I started with 20/30-20/40 vision and my vision right now is consistently 20/20+ took about a few months.

this is a SLOW process, you can expect +0.25D to 0.75D per YEAR. There is no quick solution. so if you want to be glasses free its going to take several years, but it is possible. There are complications with lasik. its being free from your glasses THAT important to you?
Aethersky, I warned you about personal attacks.

I don't care to moderate much, because for one thing I don't want to spend my time on it, but also because the participation here is so low it doesn't matter. But this forum is for promoting the Bates method or similar methods, and if someone is hijacking every thread to change that, I will stop it. As of now you may post only in the multiple threads you already created in the Other Theories and Methods forum.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
lol read clarknight's personal attacks on me in the chats and on herer for example. http://www.iblindness.org/forum/reduced-...conditions
you need to do something about clarknight.

also how am i hijacking this thread. The bates method didn't work for it. I suggested a different ways of NATURAL vision imprvoement ALONG with bates. i never suggested plus lenses for this person.
(03-08-2014, 05:43 PM)Aethersky Wrote: lol read clarknight's personal attacks on me in the chats and on herer for example. http://www.iblindness.org/forum/reduced-...conditions
you need to do something about clarknight.

also how am i hijacking this thread. The bates method didn't work for it. I suggested a different ways of NATURAL vision imprvoement ALONG with bates. i never suggested plus lenses for this person.

The personal attacks have been reciprocal between the two of you. I have told clarknight to stop it as well.

You're right, your posts in this thread aren't entirely off topic. I guess keep posting as normal for now, but you're walking a thin line, and it isn't going to continue. Many of your posts are attempts to redirect various people to the nearwork myopia theory. When someone is having trouble, the response here is not to say "I guess the Bates method doesn't work, try this instead". It's to help them understand the principles and application of the method so they can correct their approach.

I give a lot of leeway and rarely disallow discussion of any methods or ideas that people suggest here. After all, it's a discussion forum to share ideas and experiences. I find many of them interesting. Posture, psychology, nutrition, all kinds of things. And many of those things are at least loosely aligned with the idea that there are right and wrong ways to use the eyes, body or mind. The nearwork theory is in conflict, and it isn't what this forum is about, so at some point endless promotion of it is a problem. I draw the line when I feel like someone is abusing the forum or detracting too much from what I want this site to be. I solve problems in the easiest way possible, even if it isn't fair.

I'm writing all this because I admire your enthusiasm, and I don't want to lose a forum member unless it is necessary.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
hi David,

thanks. Unfortunately near work is a major impetus to myopia. Since so many educated are high myopic, there is clearly a correlation. And also when a person does close work for a long time, there is strain. Since a person wants to IMPROVE his vision, it would be best to incorporate bates AND eliminate near point strain.
But yes i do apologize for promoting the close work theory too much. But it is crucial since most people got nearsighted in the first place because of close work.
I am not against the bates method, but i do believe it could be made much more effective by combining it with other ideas.
Well, some days while I'm shifting on the chart, I feel I see the letters better than the previous day, but on the next day, it's blurry again, so I feel frustrated.
I started as fully involved with what I do since December 2013, but for the last week I started doubting what I do, so no, I'm not involved as I previously was.

If you can provide me with the techniques you use, and how is your progress, I'd be thankful

(03-08-2014, 02:48 PM)ted Wrote: I've been seriously involved in natural vision improvement since October 2012. It's been a lot of time, a lot of experimentation, and a lot of persistence, but its' been worth it. It becomes a lifestyle, and one of those things that it doesn't matter how long it takes, you are going to get there, because now you know how to relax a lot more than you knew previously, you are more composed, you think better, you just feel freer all around.

As far as actually seeing improvements, you haven't seen anything whatsoever? Not even a tiny bit for a second? I bet you have, but just shucked it off as "not enough" or something. Also, when you are doing those techniques, are you fully involved in what you are doing, are you immersed in it, or is your mind half into it?

People like to hear detailed explanations on how you are doing your techniques exactly, because small things you are doing, with you mind or body, can have large impacts and hinder you in ways that are hardly detectable, at least at first.

Thanks for the advice.
I'll try everything that helps me, I'm not a big fan of the use of plus lens, it scares me a little, but I'll practice what you said about the edge of blur and shifting into the distance.Big Grin

(03-08-2014, 02:57 PM)Aethersky Wrote: hi eyes87

your prescription of about -3D means that everything about 1/3m is slightly blurry (loses detail). You need to do ALL close work BEYOND 1/3m without glasses. and actively try to focus on the words and increase the distance every day. I explained this in my other posts. Also you should do alot of shifting in the distance.

Like you i had no success from ONLY using bates. I started with 20/30-20/40 vision and my vision right now is consistently 20/20+ took about a few months.

this is a SLOW process, you can expect +0.25D to 0.75D per YEAR. There is no quick solution. so if you want to be glasses free its going to take several years, but it is possible. There are complications with lasik. its being free from your glasses THAT important to you?
(03-08-2014, 12:09 PM)eyes87 Wrote: .
but until now, I see no progress in any way, I feel very frustrated and it seems I'm going for lasik or prk..I'm very fightened and don't know what to do? can the bates method not work for some people or i'm doing something wrong? any advice. Please help SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
How much close work do you do a day?
How long does a swing last?
Have you noticed any change in your well being? Or are you more relaxed or not?

Has your eyesight got worse?
How do you know there is no progress? How do you measure your progress?
Hello,
Answering your questions:
I work as a programmer so I do close work for at least 8 hours a day.
I do the long swing for 50 times a day, it takes me almost 5 minutes to do so.
I didn't notice any change in my well being, but my eyesight didn't get any worse. Thank God Big Grin
I measure my progress by looking at the Snellen chart I have on my wall, I barely see the E letter without glasses when I'm standing 20 feet away and it's blurry always...it did not change.

Thank you

(03-09-2014, 01:19 AM)centertime Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 12:09 PM)eyes87 Wrote: .
How much close work do you do a day?
How long does a swing last?
Have you noticed any change in your well being? Or are you more relaxed or not?

Has your eyesight got worse?
How do you know there is no progress? How do you measure your progress?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now