MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyesight and Visual-Spatial abilities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyesight and Visual-Spatial abilities
Is there a connection between visual-spatial ability and eyesight? I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but when i was in 3rd grade, i took a cognitive abilities test. Back then, i didn't wear any corrective lenses, but my visual acuity may have been slightly worse than normal like 20/30 or 20/40. When i got the results from the test, i scored in the 86th percentile for spatial reasoning, about 87th percentile for numerical ability, and 75th percentile for verbal reasoning. About 4-5 years later, i was selected to take the test again. At this time, i was myopic and wearing glasses full time. when i got the results, my spatial reasoning abilities had plummeted all the way down to the 68th percentile while my verbal reasoning skills skyrocketed to the 92nd percentile. I even took an I.Q test at the age of 13-14, and i scored the lowest on the performance IQ portion which consisted of visual spatial tasks. At that age, i was still myopic and still am now. Does impaired vision contribute to impaired visual-spatial ability or is this a mere coincidence?
(04-04-2014, 04:21 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: Does impaired vision contribute to impaired visual-spatial ability or is this a mere coincidence?

It is more likely a coincidence in your case.
There are many myopes with high spatial abilities.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now