MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
not seeing improvement and don't know where to start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not seeing improvement and don't know where to start
I have been doing about 200 near to far shifts every day for two weeks with a pen and mountain in the distance

I am -5 in each eye , typical myopia

I see no benefit from palming, swinging etc

should i give up
(06-09-2014, 05:57 AM)Dariusere93887 Wrote: I have been doing about 200 near to far shifts every day for two weeks with a pen and mountain in the distance

I am -5 in each eye , typical myopia

I see no benefit from palming, swinging etc

should i give up

Yes.

Or no. Depends on your values.

Oh wait, were you looking for reassurance? Confusedociallyawkwardpenguin:
I feel like you're probably at a place where I was years ago when I didn't really have much clue to what Bates' teachings was all about since I was tricked into thinking exercises were better (No thanks to Leo Angart). I wouldn't give up if you are really serious about dropping the glasses. I remember giving up when I only had 2 diopters and I regretted in when my eyes became 4 diopters, now I'm more or less back to 3 years ago in terms of prescription.

I suggest you tell us what you're doing with regards to your daily life. We can't really help you since your details are a bit sparse. Like what's your actual prescription of your eyes and the prescription of your glasses. Do your eyes only look at close objects most of the time? I feel that you should at least see that palming is one of the most important activities since it helps relax your eyes, which would slowly help your eye return to its normal shape. In the end, I think vision training is all about getting good vision habits (keeping eyes relaxed and looking at far and near distances).
(06-10-2014, 06:40 PM)fvig2001 Wrote: I feel like you're probably at a place where I was years ago when I didn't really have much clue to what Bates' teachings was all about since I was tricked into thinking exercises were better (No thanks to Leo Angart). I wouldn't give up if you are really serious about dropping the glasses. I remember giving up when I only had 2 diopters and I regretted in when my eyes became 4 diopters, now I'm more or less back to 3 years ago in terms of prescription.

I suggest you tell us what you're doing with regards to your daily life. We can't really help you since your details are a bit sparse. Like what's your actual prescription of your eyes and the prescription of your glasses. Do your eyes only look at close objects most of the time? I feel that you should at least see that palming is one of the most important activities since it helps relax your eyes, which would slowly help your eye return to its normal shape. In the end, I think vision training is all about getting good vision habits (keeping eyes relaxed and looking at far and near distances).

You're so right; most people approach it like it's a set of strengthening exercises. Many of the so called vision 'systems' on the internet delude one into thinking this way, which is just the way we've been trained to think. If you're not doing something correctly in a way that brings some sense of relaxation, then it won't matter if you do a million of them. What you need to give up is the mentality that you can exercise your way out of myopia. Change it up if it's not yielding some results (and learn how to use an eye chart at near or far to get accurate feedback). Modify your approach, try something different, combine different techniques, until you do find something that you find mentally relaxing.
200 close-far shifts is too much; That's doing it like a drill, using an effort type of exercise which Natural Vision teacher advise against.

Looking close and far helps a lot but remember to shift on the object you look at. Just moving close and far is only a partial practice. Incorporating shifting, central-fixation, memory, imagination improves results. Relax, let the body... move, no tension, stiffness in the head, neck, eyes.

5-10 min a day is enough close and far practice. Skip some days. Look in the mirror; Have the eyelid's shape changed? Good; the eye muscles are relaxing, coordinating, returning the eye to normal shape.

If sight is less clear in one eye do extra practice with that eye.

Do you have the close, far objects centered; 'in the central field-lined up'?

Don't practice with glasses on.
If you wear glasses sometimes; get reduced lenses 'weaker and weaker'. Wear only when necessary and use sparingly. Stop glasses permanent as soon as clear enough to drive... safely.

No glasses is the healthiest, fastest way to improve to 20/20 and even clearer.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now