MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
how can i reduce my eyeglass prescription ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can i reduce my eyeglass prescription ?
hi
firstable thanks to this forum and alll its members.
i have been wearing glasses for 20 years. I'll be getting new eyeglasses and would
like to know how much to undercorrect them to help improve my vision. without affecting other activities...
my prescription :
Right = -3.00 ; (-2.00 / 90°)
Left = - 3.5 ; ( -1.5 / 90° )

thanks..............
(06-13-2014, 01:44 PM)hihoo82 Wrote: hi
firstable thanks to this forum and alll its members.
i have been wearing glasses for 20 years. I'll be getting new eyeglasses and would
like to know how much to undercorrect them to help improve my vision. without affecting other activities...
my prescription :
Right = -3.00 ; (-2.00 / 90°)
Left = - 3.5 ; ( -1.5 / 90° )

thanks..............

Short answer: As much as possible.

Not short answer: Depends on the activity. For example, lets say you are studying paperclips and all their nuances at 6 inches from your face, you would need almost no correction. But now, if you were birdwatching, you may need full correction, hell, you may need binoculars. So there is no real one size fits all for under-prescription, just find some of the activities or distances you use the most and under-correct to them, in many cases this may end up being computer use (2-3 ft required vision) or reading (1-2 feet) required vision. If I was you I would use a full prescription or close to it for critical activities, like driving or work and keep a second pair for not-so-critical activities where you can actively struggle to see without causing harm to yourself or others.

If you were curious about how prescriptions compare ( E.G. -1 vs -2 vs -3 ) someone took the time to record how far they could see at different prescriptions, although I can't recall the site it was on, but the link is around somewhere on this site. ( Someone else may have it ) ( Or you could google it )

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now