MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Amazing result from bastes method! but having double vision problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing result from bastes method! but having double vision problem
I have started using Bates method since 4 months ago and have had great reduction of the degree of myopia from -3.75 down to about -1.50. Now I can control the eye muscles to relax and create clear flashes any time if I want to. Sometimes, I can almost see the 20/40 letters on the Snellen chart. However, there is still some problems I don’t understand as follows.

1. For each eye, I have so-called double vision or multiple vision problem. When one eye closed at a time, I see two or more duplicated image of the letter slight overlapping each other. Each image is basically in focus most of the time so that I can still recognize the letter. Does anyone has come across this before, and would you please share your experience here?

2. During daytime, I am having 20/40 vision which makes me sometimes think that I am having perfect vision. But when it comes to night time, the dim lights, the stars or any other light emitting objects seems to diffuse to a big areas. When will night vision eventually catch up with day vision so that I can see the star as a single point instead of a blurred area?
Can you tell me which excersises did you do? I am trying Bathes Method for week, using palming, long swings and tibethan wheel for central-fixation. Sometimes sunning.
(07-09-2014, 01:59 AM)thekongss Wrote:

1. For each eye, I have so-called double vision or multiple vision problem. When one eye closed at a time, I see two or more duplicated image of the letter slight overlapping each other. Each image is basically in focus most of the time so that I can still recognize the letter. Does anyone has come across this before, and would you please share your experience here?

2. During daytime, I am having 20/40 vision which makes me sometimes think that I am having perfect vision. But when it comes to night time, the dim lights, the stars or any other light emitting objects seems to diffuse to a big areas. When will night vision eventually catch up with day vision so that I can see the star as a single point instead of a blurred area?

1. This sounds like a perfect description of something that can be caused by astigmatism. You need to work on it and not only on myopia.

2. Once or twice a week do some night walking in the area where there's no artificial light. I'm lucky cos 20 minutes from the place I live I'm out of the town so I can do it even more frequently. It takes about 40 minutes for all the cells of our retina to wake up so one needs to walk at least one hour in the darkness of some friendly environment to make those sleepy cells work. (You can have a flashlight in your pocket for safety reasons but don't use it.) With time you'll realize you see better and better in dark.
Aureus,
Thanks. Your explanations make sense to me. I am not quite so far along in the process as mickes27, but am experiencing similar symptoms so I appreciate your insight. Cheers.

edit: I meant that I'm not as far along as thekongss
(08-12-2014, 10:21 AM)abcharlton Wrote: Aureus,
Thanks. Your explanations make sense to me. I am not quite so far along in the process as mickes27, but am experiencing similar symptoms so I appreciate your insight. Cheers.

abcharlton,

A double image or a shadow can be caused also by hypermetropia (I know that cos I have it on my left eye) but thekongss has already myopia so I think in his case it's a typical combination of myopia with some astigmatism added. I won't go that far but I think that double image can be caused by imperfect shape of the lens too though this kind of anayse is as far as I know never conducted during a typical eye check-up.

As for low vision in darkness...modern people are surrounded with a lot of artificial light and some of them don't even sleep in total darkness as they should (they leave a light on in the corridor, for example) and the result is 1) they don't see as well as they could in the dark and 2) they never get a deep rest for their eyes during the sleep which then causes some other problems.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now