MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Suggestions please..!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions please..!!
Here is my eye exercise routine for past 1 week

1) swinging : 50-100 times.
2) near to far shifting: 5-10 mins
3) sunning :3-4 mins
4) Palming :6 mins
5) eye rolling exercises : 5-10 mins
6) peripheral exercise : 2-3 mins

I have a very bad prescription(-7.50®, -7.75 (L)). It is really very difficult to see without glasses. I have downloaded vision acuity chart(Snellen) it is hard to see the letters on the chart Sad. I have to stand real close in order to see the letters.. Sad I work on computers for over 8-10 hrs a day.. I don't see any vision improvement however my eyes definitely feel very relaxed.. Apart from the above exercises is there anything else i am missing? what is the proper way of doing shifting and central fixation? when do you have to start wearing weaker glasses?
I think you need a bit more palming.

And if you feel a bit more relaxed than earlier you're already on a good way. Relaxation is necessary for improvement.

These are the tips for working at the computer:

http://self-healing.org/july-working-wit...#more-2756

Great time for under-prescription is NOW.

Don't foerget that it's not all about exercising. One must change the way of using the eyes and adopt correct way, avoiding bad old habits.
You spend a lot at the computer? What about your back? Your neck? Are they too tight? You need to be more relaxed everywhere in your body, not only around your eyes.
Do you get up frequently? Do you spend enough time outdoors looking at the distance? There's a lot to be said on this...
(07-16-2014, 12:41 PM)Aureus Wrote: I think you need a bit more palming.

And if you feel a bit more relaxed than earlier you're already on a good way. Relaxation is necessary for improvement.

These are the tips for working at the computer:

http://self-healing.org/july-working-wit...#more-2756

Great time for under-prescription is NOW.

Don't foerget that it's not all about exercising. One must change the way of using the eyes and adopt correct way, avoiding bad old habits.
You spend a lot at the computer? What about your back? Your neck? Are they too tight? You need to be more relaxed everywhere in your body, not only around your eyes.
Do you get up frequently? Do you spend enough time outdoors looking at the distance? There's a lot to be said on this...

Thanks a ton for the computer working tips!! I needed them sooo badly :-| Yes you are absoultely right my back and neck are too tight even today at this point of time. That could be due to the exhausting work schedule SadSad.. Every now and then I go for a massage(in fact going for a massage this weekend :-|). I do exercise everyday like 30 min cardio.. but very little neck & back exercises(yoga kinds).. I may have to start working on it.

When you say under prescription NOW, How can i reduce my eyeglass prescription? How much lower do i need to go at a time and how often do i need to get them under corrected? On an average how much time do i need to spend time outdoors looking at a distance? Also what kind of exercises do i need to perform on snellen charts?

Thanks
Arky
Hi, arky.

The best case would be if your optomestrist was so friendly to give you glasses with which you see 20/40. Then you wouldn't have to go too much into details. But if it's you who has to decide...then perhaps one diopter lower than what you have now is the most painless option. So, you need an extra pair of glasses with under corrected lenses. Keep your old glasses aside cos in future you might use their frames for new under corrected lenses.

Pay attention to exercise without glasses no matter how poor you see.
In the rest of the time you can wear your under-corrected eye glasses.

You can exercise with Snellen chart in several ways. One of the most common ways is to look at the line bellow the one you can see and do some palming and open your eyes. Probably after palming you'll see unclear letters a bit better. If you don't see them better - don't despair. Then you can incorporate imagination when you imagine letters clearer than you see them, you can imagine them blacker and you imagine the paper to be more white. You look at smaller and smaller details but without forcing yourself to see what you cannot see. Force doesn't help here. Be relaxed, breath slowly and deeply, try to have positive mind. Don't forget - just look, one day you'll see. Part of the probelm we loose our eyesight is in the demand to see the things without looking at them in an adecquate manner.

Listen to this tip about shifting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1NTQdkCo8

If you ask me - look at the distance every four hours for at least eight minutes. And if you're on the computer then make the frequent short breakes for extra looking at the distance, as suggested in the tips you read.

The biggest problem with the stiff neck is that we don't get enough blood to our head. And that has many negative consequences. And also some muscles in our neck are connected with our eyes and if they are stiff that makes problems to our eyes too.

Please listen to the tips on this PODCAST - you'll enjoy them:

Start from the oldest one. You'll find them very usefull and supportive, not only for the process of bettering your eyesight but for improving the state of all your muscles. Wink

And while listening to them you can lay down on the floor (with some soft matt underneath your body) and roll from side to side, like in the times when you were a kid...and enjoy receiving more and more tips.
(07-17-2014, 08:07 AM)Aureus Wrote: Hi, arky.

The best case would be if your optomestrist was so friendly to give you glasses with which you see 20/40. Then you wouldn't have to go too much into details. But if it's you who has to decide...then perhaps one diopter lower than what you have now is the most painless option. So, you need an extra pair of glasses with under corrected lenses. Keep your old glasses aside cos in future you might use their frames for new under corrected lenses.

Pay attention to exercise without glasses no matter how poor you see.
In the rest of the time you can wear your under-corrected eye glasses.

You can exercise with Snellen chart in several ways. One of the most common ways is to look at the line bellow the one you can see and do some palming and open your eyes. Probably after palming you'll see unclear letters a bit better. If you don't see them better - don't despair. Then you can incorporate imagination when you imagine letters clearer than you see them, you can imagine them blacker and you imagine the paper to be more white. You look at smaller and smaller details but without forcing yourself to see what you cannot see. Force doesn't help here. Be relaxed, breath slowly and deeply, try to have positive mind. Don't forget - just look, one day you'll see. Part of the probelm we loose our eyesight is in the demand to see the things without looking at them in an adecquate manner.

Listen to this tip about shifting:

If you ask me - look at the distance every four hours for at least eight minutes. And if you're on the computer then make the frequent short breakes for extra looking at the distance, as suggested in the tips you read.

The biggest problem with the stiff neck is that we don't get enough blood to our head. And that has many negative consequences. And also some muscles in our neck are connected with our eyes and if they are stiff that makes problems to our eyes too.

Please listen to the tips on this PODCAST - you'll enjoy them:

Start from the oldest one. You'll find them very usefull and supportive, not only for the process of bettering your eyesight but for improving the state of all your muscles. Wink

And while listening to them you can lay down on the floor (with some soft matt underneath your body) and roll from side to side, like in the times when you were a kid...and enjoy receiving more and more tips.

Will listen to it today. How often do i need to go for under corrected lenses? Does it mean i would have to change my contact lense prescription as well? What if i cant see clearly with the under corrected lenses? Do you think my eyes would get adjusted??

Sorry for bombarding with many questions. Just anxious to know.. i just want to improve my vision.. my self esteem is very low with these thick glasses SadSad My doctor insisted me not to wear contacts as my eyes are Oxygen deprived and i am not a candidate for LASIK(after hearing to all those stories i've decided i'd rather not get anything done to my eyes).. Right now the only problem i have is not wearing glasses for too long coz everything is blurry SadSad.. Like you said i will try to see as much i can without glasses.
As you know, the check up for contact lenses takes more time. And yes - you would need under-prescription for them but it's really better to wear glasses because I think that perhaps no one will give you under corrected contacts. Mybe I'm wrong about this.

I understand that you have a low self-esteem but I'm sure the things will go better in your case. Smile

Just don't expect very fast results. Usually people improve their vision very slowly.

Don't forget to tell us the results from the first testing with Snellen.

Do you see the line 200 from 5ft distance?

P.S. Of course, you won't see clearly with your under corrected lenses.
That's why we call them under corrected!

But you'll see well enough in most of your every day situations. And with time as your vision improves your real correction will match what was once under correction. Then you'll go for a new under correction. I can't tell you when this will happen cos we all have different biology.
(07-17-2014, 09:31 AM)Aureus Wrote: As you know, the check up for contact lenses takes more time. And yes - you would need under-prescription for them but it's really better to wear glasses because I think that perhaps no one will give you under corrected contacts. Mybe I'm wrong about this.

I understand that you have a low self-esteem but I'm sure the things will go better in your case. Smile

Just don't expect very fast results. Usually people improve their vision very slowly.

Don't forget to tell us the results from the first testing with Snellen.

Do you see the line 200 from 5ft distance?

P.S. Of course, you won't see clearly with your under corrected lenses.
That's why we call them under corrected!

But you'll see well enough in most of your every day situations. And with time as your vision improves your real correction will match what was once under correction. Then you'll go for a new under correction. I can't tell you when this will happen cos we all have different biology.

I can see something black but cant see the letter E clearly Sad Thanks for your encouragement Smile
You're welcome, arky.

So the 200 line cannot be seen from 5 feet. Five, not twenty. It doesn't matter. From what distance can be seen indoors and from what distance is seen outdoors? Under normal light conditions.

Once on this forum there was a lady with the nickname sorrisblue. She also started with the same level of diopters and similar vision acuity. At first she could see 5/200. After several years she managed to improve her vision to the point when she was able to see 20/50 to 20/100. And during that period she even wrote her doctor's thesis!

You can read the thread about her vision improvement journey on this link:

http://www.iblindness.org/forum/recovery...bad-myopia

She also has her own web-site with much more articles:

http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/

One of the articles is about the strategies for preserving and improving eyesight when using the comp a lot:

http://sorrisi.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/...uter-work/

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download