MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I dont get this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont get this
Hi guys, I dont get this thing

Sometimes I have flashes of a bit clearer vision, but they fade away after a blink.. whenever I blink I see a bit blurrier / better than before, sometimes the blur is different ( top and bottom blur, sometimes its normal, and sometimes I can see a bit better).

I've read somewhere that practicing a snellen and reading the smallest letters you can is good since it makes you use central fixation to sharpen your vision, however whenever I CAN see a bit better, the blinks destroy that moment.
I read that you need to remember what you did to see clearer and do it more often, but I cant seem to find out what I just did to see better, cause I really didnt see anything, and when I try to be relaxed and blink softly, the blur still comes... its kinda randomish whenever I get these flashes..

However, when I do palming, I can say that I can see better for a short amount of time, but I cant seem to get it to permanent improvement.. ( I palm for 10 mins straight).

Maybe I should do some long swings? it might be better than palming? or am I wrong? whatever it is, I gotta find a solution..

Thanks people
(07-16-2014, 08:57 AM)gekonus Wrote: Hi guys, I dont get this thing

Sometimes I have flashes of a bit clearer vision, but they fade away after a blink.. whenever I blink I see a bit blurrier / better than before, sometimes the blur is different ( top and bottom blur, sometimes its normal, and sometimes I can see a bit better).

I've read somewhere that practicing a snellen and reading the smallest letters you can is good since it makes you use central fixation to sharpen your vision, however whenever I CAN see a bit better, the blinks destroy that moment.
I read that you need to remember what you did to see clearer and do it more often, but I cant seem to find out what I just did to see better, cause I really didnt see anything, and when I try to be relaxed and blink softly, the blur still comes... its kinda randomish whenever I get these flashes..

However, when I do palming, I can say that I can see better for a short amount of time, but I cant seem to get it to permanent improvement.. ( I palm for 10 mins straight).

Maybe I should do some long swings? it might be better than palming? or am I wrong? whatever it is, I gotta find a solution..

Thanks people

If you're trying to remember what you 'did,' it may be futile. It's no so much something you did, but something you stopped doing. That's why you'll never find 'it,' because 'it' doesn't exist, it's the absence of something that defines relaxation. It's the absence of strain, the absence of tension, absence of effort, etc. Better to remember how you got there, pay attention to the conditions at the time. They may be so fleeting you might not have a chance to reflect on it. All you can do is keep setting up conditions that are favorable for flashes to occur. Sometimes those conditions are such that you not interfering at all, they come spontaneously. When you can relax continuously, the flashes will remain more continuous. Do not be tempted to suppress blinking, as that can lead to all sorts of dry-eye issues and irritation.
I think that clear flashes are overestimated within vision improvement community.

The most important is how you see normally and not exceptionally. Your real vision is the vision you have most of the time. Clear flashes can occur because of many reasons, including a favoubale concetration/disposition of tear film that is changed during next blink. That's why you're sad: "Noooo! It's gone when I blinked!"

The same can be said for palming. If we put aside the fact that after a palming of appropriate lenght our optic nerve is relaxed and all visual system is refreshed, it seems there's also something else: when we do palming our pupils widen as our mind thinks it's dark outside. As a reaction to opening the eyes and exposing them to a sudden seemingly high amount of light the pupils constrict. And they constrict more than really necessary for long-term functioning. And when the pupils constrict we generally see better/clearer. After several minutes the things go back to normal.

People who experience this for the first time can fall into rapture: "I see the fourth line! The fourth! And before palming I could see only the second line!" In a way, palming is a magician's trick that can be easily explained.
However, the point is to use those several minutes for quality exercising when we try to push the things further with our vision acuity or with everything else we're working on. What we actually believe is that the repetitive process itself (when we repeat this game over and over) is something that will bring LONG TERM IMPROVEMENT.
The question would be: is there gonna be a permanent improvement at the end? Will the improvements stay forever if youll achieve relaxation ?
(07-17-2014, 01:00 AM)gekonus Wrote: The question would be: is there gonna be a permanent improvement at the end? Will the improvements stay forever if youll achieve relaxation ?

If you spoiled your eyesight once, you can spoil it again with unapropriate use of your eyes. But I know what you mean. We can also pose the question: Once you get there - is it for sure or you have to do your exercises till the end of your life to keep your 20/20 vision.

This is the questions for those who once had an impaired vision but managed to improve it to 20/20 or beyond.
(07-17-2014, 01:00 AM)gekonus Wrote: The question would be: is there gonna be a permanent improvement at the end? Will the improvements stay forever if youll achieve relaxation ?

gekonus -

You'll achieve little if you let yourself listen to the comments of negativists, who only want to criticize, rationalize, turn people away from Bates. This is a Bates forum that was created for positive, supportive, constructive exchange of ideas and experiences. There are plenty of other forums for the negativists, and all their negative comments, where they can wallow in their negativity to their hearts content, yet they are never satisfied with that. Misery loves company, as the saying goes.

To your question - yes, when you learn to maintain continuous relaxation, improvement is equally continuous. Flashes are a sign that you are moving in the right direction, especially those that come spontaneously, when you weren't expecting it. Keep trying to find those conditions that are favorable for your mind and eyes to relax. It is found in the process, not some end result after practicing a number of exercises.
By the way, when a person doesnt see 20/20, I heard they let him closer until he sees the 20/20 line, so for example, if he can see it from 10 feet, its called 10/20. Can you convert 10/20 to 20/40? cause I did this in different distances but the results werent the same.. for example : I test from 9 feet. and from 9feet I can see the 20/50 line (Basically 9/22.5). However when I sat at 5 feet, I could see even better than the 9/9 line, but lets assume its the 9/9 line. So 5/9 it is, but if you convert it to normal (manipulate by 4) it becomes 20/36, which is really not my acuity... I guess you cant convert close distance to far distance after all, even tho the letters were in the same proportion from 9ft as for 20ft
gekonus, about 10/20 being the same as 20/40 being the same as 5/10 because they're mathematically equivalent, you're right -- that doesn't really work. People are not machines! My unproven guess as to why this is true is at least 2 reasons.
First, the closer you are to the chart, the more you've lost some of your periphery. This changes your visual experience.
Second, many if not most nearsighted people are anxious about looking at something in the distance. When I first tried to look at the chart from even 10 feet I could feel myself so nervous I could barely see anything! So I did the chart from about 5 feet away, or even closer, for a long time. When I'm nervous or anxious I can't see as well. When I'm closer I feel safer, so I relax, so I can see better.

All this is not a problem, just more information about what I need to work on. Notice yourself and your reactions -- are you more uncomfortable looking at the chart from a farther distance? Are you afraid you won't be able to see, before you even look? If so, that's good to know!

There are all kinds of techniques for relaxing the mind, from meditation to journaling to exercise to time in Nature to getting a massage to palming to energy techniques like EFT ("tapping"). As has been written in another thread, the more calm and relaxed your body and mind are, the better you will see.
Hmm so anyway, Im practicing my 9 feet snellen, from 5 feet, and Im trying to shift on the smallest letters I can (basically the 9/6.75 and 9/4.5 letters), is it good to do it that way? Im shifting between 2-3 letters and blink, sometimes whenever I blink it becomes clearer, sometimes worse. I noticed something too, sometimes it gets clearer but I see a white line in the middle of the letters, I believe its like a 180Axis cylinder. I dont have cylinder tho.

Oh and btw, maybe I should ask this now before I'll make some damage.. is it fine to do "Sunning" with a table lamp? it has 3 modes, weak light, medium and strong. I tried to do sunning with it for a few minutes but my eyes felt a bit uncomfortable, like some kind of a small inner pain.. is it a bad sign?

Thanks!
Anybody ? :/
you should stop doing sunning at all IMO. can be dangerous at times. spend more time outdoors cycling, running or just walking and it works just as good as sunning.
Quote:Sometimes I have flashes of a bit clearer vision, but they fade away after a blink.
Your vision is like car engine. Your eye muscles started relaxing and you could see ignition (clear flash), but because your eyes lacks "fuel" to sustain that ingnition, you will lost that clear flash with next eye blink. I had the same problem and if you ask me, separated clear flashes are not that important. The most important thing is that ignition that will last for longer periods of time, and you will see, that with every ignition that period of time will be extended (also your average eyesight will start changing on daily basis).

If you like, you can read my thread on this site, where I wrote more about that
http://www.iblindness.org/forum/success-...th-no-luck
Paul888, you talked about an imbalance in your body.. well, my body is pretty fine, I always walk with my back straight, my screen monitor is lower than my eye level, and what else..
Im sure many people managed to improve their vision without physical activities.
Im just trying to find what works best, I read that working on central fixation is a very important part (Print pushing, shrinking letters program , etc).
Quote:well, my body is pretty fine,
Before I also thought that my posture is OK Smile.

Just remember, what should happen after few "clear flashes". Your vision should ignite period of improvement (at least 30 minutes), and that period should be extended with every ignition. If you cant ignite period of improvement in your average vision, than it will be very difficult to build results from "lack of results" in the first place.
I never succeeded in holding a flash to a long period of time.. however, I do tend to get many short flashes throughout the day, barerly at night.. I really gotta find a way to hold these flashes for 30 minutes .. Im trying everything, palming snellen reading , a bit of long swings, alot of shifting..
I recently read about print pushing , maybe that could help?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download