Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery from 6D: my experience and some questions
(08-13-2014, 07:17 AM)sleepmaster Wrote: what are your diopters presently?

The reason I ask if most of us vision improvement practicioners here, me included, have gotten to be pretty good blur interpreters. I have no doubt your vision improved just curious that's all.

I've been at this vision improvement thing from the beginning of this year and the first 1 to 1.5 diopters were easy and after that it's been a total grind.

I've never considered blur interpretation if by that you mean guessing at letters in some fashion. It never occurred to me that it would be a valid way of determining ones progress. Whenever I read letters on a chart to check my vision, I see them, with all their constituent parts, no guessing needed. I kept the conditions as consistent as possible - amount of ambient light, time of day, distance, etc.) For some years now, I've been able to read (seeing, not guessing in any manner) the 20/20 line, the 20/15 line, and sometimes the 20/13 line, indoors. I stopped doing it daily, because I just didn't feel the need to do it anymore that often. Eventually you get over having to prove to yourself (which itself can trigger mental strain) that you've improved to that level. Don't get overly hung up on diopters either, if you are serious about practicing Bates. They are just snapshots of the visual system at that moment, and don't always reflect what can be day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, or second by second changes in refraction of the unaided eye. With lenses of any type, plus or minus, the eyes will have to do something abnormal in order to see through them.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recovery from 6D: my experience and some questions - by arocarty - 08-17-2014, 08:39 PM