Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery from 6D: my experience and some questions
(07-30-2015, 11:49 AM)sleepmaster Wrote: Whatever you do, don't give up after it gets harder after your first diopter gain. Everyone goes through that. I dropped from the -4s to -3 and my optometrist who is himself a natural vision practitioner, prescribed me undercorrected contact lenses of -2.5,-2.5 thinking that's all I could get. I never wore those contact lenses. The next month I tested at -3.25 despite working my ass off to improve my vision. It was pretty demoralizing. But I stuck with it, and 19 months later I tested -1.75 in both eyes two days ago. The name of hte game is persistence and an unwillingness to quit. If you really want it bad enough you can do it.

Two things, sleepmaster.

1 Congratulations! I know you've been dwelling for a long in the region 2-2.25. Now you're 1.75! That's a new move down. Great. Smile

2 I think you're the only one here whose optometrist is a natural vision practicioner. Now I'm not surprised you're going to check your vision once a month without being ridiculed by him.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recovery from 6D: my experience and some questions - by Aureus - 07-31-2015, 05:16 AM