MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Now that I know I am farsighted/Presbiopic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now that I know I am farsighted/Presbiopic
I finally figured out I am farsighted (or presbyopic). I don't know the difference except that I have always been farsighted and maybe then became presbyopic as I got older. I will be 66 Oct 2014. But I looked at my Rx after posting here and figured from what I've learned that I am one of those (farsighted or presbyopic). I have progressive lenses as stated in my other post.

So, knowing that, it seems to be I cannot get an Rx for distance since my Rx is already a plus Rx because of my farsightedness.

Would it then make sense to just use my progressive glasses when absolutely necessary (for reading small print) and use readers when I can otherwise? (I bought five readers in descending powers from the Dollar Tree yesterday.) I also bought pinhole glasses online.

So my plan is to
1) Go without glasses as much as possible
2) Wear my pinhole glasses to read and watch TV (distance isn't all that clear anyway)
3) Wear my highest powered readers to start (2.25) and do my exercises everyday without glasses.

I also try to read my books and use my computer without glasses for short periods, though I feel strain when I do it. Even the readers don't help me read much. My Rx is for Right: +3.75 and Left +3.25 plus all the cylinder and axis stuff. So maybe if I can find stronger readers to start like 3.25, I could wean off as my eyes get stronger. I know the purists don't believe in weaning, but reading without my glasses is a real strain no matter how many relaxing eye exercises I do.

Sorry this is so long, but I've been researching like crazy to try to get a handle on this. Most info seems to be for myopic people. I know there is a big bru-ha-ha about plus glasses, but I can see where they could help a farsighted person wean off glasses completely by decreasing the power little by little.

Any thoughts? I'm just winging this.

Thanks so much.

Rita

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now